Last updated on September 15th, 2019
Capsicum chutney recipe with step by step photos. Capsicum chutney recipe with step by step photo. Easy to make bell pepper chutney recipe for idli, dosa, paratha. This easy capsicum chutney can also be used as sandwich spread. Capsicums are widely used in Indian cuisine like vegetable pulao, veg biryani, capsicum gram flour curry and many more. I make this capsicum chutney very often for Indian breakfast recipes like dosa, idli, medu vada, rava dosa.
I try and use a good does of vegetables in our diet for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I make chutneys with many vegetables like carrot, pumpkin, beetroot, mango. I like to use vegetables for making chutney for Indian breakfasts like idli, rava idli as they are more healthy. Even while making plain paratha such chutneys go well and we can also include vegetables in our diet.
This nutritious chutney can be made with red capsicum alone or a mix of colored capsicums. Here I have used a mix of yellow, green and red capsicums. Addition of all the three colored bell peppers makes this capsicum chutney recipe very healthy and flavorful. Capsicum chutney is easy to make and you need just 10 minutes in total. Capsicum chutney is very delicious too and tastes too good with idli.
Serve capsicum chutney with idli or dosa. You can serve bell pepper chutney with paratha or use as spread on sandwich.
How to make capsicum chutney with step by step photos.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pan.
Add channa dal and fry till golden.
Add green chilies and grated ginger. Saute till raw smell goes off.
Add cubed capsicum and saute well for 3-5 minutes. Let cool.
Take he cooked ingredients in a mixer jar. Grind to a smooth paste with required salt.
Temper mustard seeds and urad dal in one teaspoon oil. Add to the prepared bell pepper chutney and mix well.Serve capsicum chutney with idli, dosa etc.
Capsicum chutney recipe card below:
Capsicum chutney recipe | bell pepper chutney recipe | Side dish for idli
- 1 cup cubed bell peppers mixed colors
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chaana dal
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons oil
- To temper bell pepper chutney
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pan.
- Add channa dal and fry till golden.
- Add green chilies and grated ginger. Saute till raw smell goes off.
- Add cubed capsicum and saute well for 3-5 minutes. Let cool
- Take he cooked ingredients in a mixer jar. Grind to a smooth paste with required salt.
- Temper mustad seeds and urad dal in one teaspoon oil. Add to the prepared bell pepper chutney and mix well.Serve capsicum chutney with idli, dosa etc.
2. You can add onions and garlic cloves while sauting