Last updated on April 25th, 2020
Gobi Mancurian recipe- A delicious vegetarian snack from Indo Chinese cuisine. One among the most popular and favorite among Indo Chinese manchurian recipes. Serve this dry cauliflower snack as starter or as side dish with veg fried rice, noodles. It is just delicious either ways.
Cauliflower or gobi is my favorite vegetable and thankfully there are so many recipes we can make with gobi. Right from aloo gobi to gobi paratha to fried cauliflower to gobi 65, there are literally tons of ways one can eat cauliflower.
This gobi manchurian is just another tasty cauliflower recipe with that sweet, sour and spicy indo Chinese touch. Crispy deep fried cauliflower florets, tossed in hot manchurian sauce served with a generous dose of spring onion greens is surely a treat for everyone.
What Is Gobi Manchurian?
Gobi manchurian is a popular Indo Chinese starter where crispy fried cauliflower florets are tossed in a manhcurian gravy along with some sauces. The finished dish is served with loads of spring onion greens.
This delicious crispy starter is a hit in street shops, restaurants and even your house parties. Just fry the cauliflower and prepare the sauce ahead and toss just before serving.
Serve cauliflower manchurian hot as starter or side dish with fried rice, veg noodles,baby corn fried rice, paneer fried rice.
Gobi manchurian is the much loved vegetarian variation of popular chicken manchurian, fish manchurian types. Some more manchurian recipes added in the blog are
Can You Make Gobi Manchurian Without Maida?
To make gobi mancurian without maida you can easily use wheat flour or chickpea flour. There may be slight difference in taste but surely a healthier.
How To Make Gobi Manchurian in Oven?
To make cauliflower manchurian in oven mix the flours mentioned for batter in the recipe well
Add the blanched cauliflower florets and toss well. Just sprinkle some water for flours to coat the gobi.
Arrange the batter coated cauliflower florets on a large greased baking sheet as single layer.
Bake in the preheated oven at 220C for 25-30 minutes.
Prepare the manchurian gravy as mentioned in the recipe and toss the baked gobi. Serve.
You can also make gobi manchurian in air fryer following the same method.
Is Gobi Manchurian Vegan and Gluten Free?
Gobi manchurian is vegan here but not gulten free as we use all purpose flour. You can skip plain flour and use gram flour or corn flour for gluten free version.
How to Serve Cauliflower Manchurian?
Recipe Notes, Tips:
Making gobi manchurian is easy yet takes some time. You first need to fry the cauliflower florets and then prepare the manchurian sauce. So plan accordingly if you want to serve this in parties or guests.
Use fresh and tender cauliflower that has florets intact for best cauliflower manchurian.
For making crispy dry gobi manchurian do add corn flour to the batter while frying gobi. Adding corn flour retains the crispness and holds the shape of the fried cauliflower.
How to make gobi manchurian video:
How To Make Gobi Manchurian Step by Step
1. Wash and separate the cauliflower florets.
2. Add the cauliflower florets in very hot water. Add a pinch of salt and turmeric powder to it. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain the florets and set aside.
3. Heat oil for deep frying. Take the flours for batter in a mixing bowl. Add required water and mix well. Make a thick yet flowing batter. Add the cauliflower florets. Mix well such the batter coats well the florets.
4. Deep fry the florets in hot oil until crispy in batches.
5. Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a pan. Add the crushed ginger and garlic. Saute till the raw smell goes off. Add the spring onions and saute well. next add chopped onions,green chillies and saute well for 5 minutes.
6. Now add the chopped capsicum and mix well. Saute in high flame for 5-7 minutes.
7. Add tomato sauce,soy sauce,salt and mix well. Saute well for 15 minutes.
8. Add the deep fried cauliflower florets and mix well.
9. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve gobi manchurian dry immediately.
Gobi Manchurian Recipe:
Gobi manchurian dry recipe | How to make gobi manchurian dry | Easy snack recipes
- For the batter:
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3/4 cup maida/all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper powder/crushed pepper corns
- 1-1/4 cup batter
- For sauce:
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons ,finely chopped spring onion whites
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- Spring onion greens to garnish
- Wash and separate the cauliflower florets.
- Add the cauliflower florets in very hot water.Add a pinch of salt and turmeric powder to it. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes. Drain the florets and set aside
- Heat oil for deep frying. Take the flours for batter in a mixing bowl. Add required water and mix well. Make a thick yet flowing batter. Add the cauliflower florets. Mix well such the batter coats well the florets.
- Deep fry the florets in hot oil until crispy. deep fry in batches.
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a pan and add the crushed ginger and garlic.Saute till the raw smell goes off. Add the spring onions and saute well. Add chopped onions,green chilies and saute well for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped capsicum and mix well. Saute in high flame for 5-7 minutes.
- next add tomato sauce,soy sauce,salt and mix well. Saute well for 7-20 minutes.
- now add the deep fried cauliflower florets and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and serve gobi manchurian dry immediately
2. If you do not want to add sauces,replace tomato sauce with pureed tomatoes and just leave out soy sauce or add little vinegar.
3. Adding cornflour if for crispness.