Chocolate burfi is one of the easy and delicious sweet recipes for Diwali. This two layered sweet looks so good on the table, tastes wonderful and makes for an excellent diwali gift. You need just 6 ingredients and 20 minutes for this sweet. Here is how to make best khoya chocolate burfi recipe
Now not all of us have the time or facility to make authentic burfi by reducing milk. That’s when such easy sweet recipes come handy. Here you will use unsweetened khoya or evaporated milk solids to make this chocolate burfi. If homemade khoya is not available you can easily use good quality store bought khoya.
This chocolate burfi recipe is not only delicious also very elegant to look at and kids favorite. The deep flavor of chocolate is well balanced by the white layer. For white layer you can use vanilla or rose extract. Here I have used rose extract and cardamom powder.
My kid loves chocolate burfi and I am always ready to try out new sweet recipes, so when I first got this recipe from my mom I loved making it a lot. Now I have altered the recipe to suit our taste and this is my real tried and tested recipe.
This is a very easy burfi recipe that beginners can successfully make. You don’t have to make sugar syrup for this recipe. Just mix, stir and set the burfi. Even if something goes wrong, it is easy to troubleshoot this recipe.
Moreover you can add more layer’s in this recipe. Along with chocolate and vanilla, you can also add a third layer of rose or pistachio. Just make another portion of khoya with a dash of food color
Chocolate burfi stays good for 4-5 days in refrigerator. Do not store it at room temperature for more than two days.
This Chocolate Burfi Recipe Is
One of the easiest sweet recipes
Easy and quick recipe made in 20 minutes.
6 ingredients recipe.
Beginner friendly Indian sweet without sugar syrup
Rich, delicious and soft
Looks attractive with two contrasting layers.
No ghee is required.
Tips To Make Chocolate Burfi
To make chocolate burfi recipe, use very good quality khova. If you have refrigerated the khova, thaw it to room temperature and crumble it well.
Use very good quality unsweetened cocoa powder for best flavor. I have just used some colorful sprinkles for garnishing, you can also use chopped nuts.
Here I have used regular granulated sugar but you can easily use raw organic sugar, cane sugar or palm sugar. Just note that using cane or palm sugar will change the color of the white layer. Also you can vary the sugar level but cooking time will vary.
Do not cook each portion for more than six minutes. If you cook for time, the chocolate burfi will be brittle instead of smooth.
How To Make Chocolate Burfi Recipe
1.Bring khoya to room temperature. Grate, crumble to mash the khoya thoroughly.
2.Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a thick pan. Add 1 cup mashed khoya and 1/4 cup sugar. Mix well and start cooking. Cook in low medium flame. Cook until the sugar dissolves completely and mixture turns into a soft mass. Add rose essence and mix well.
3. Immediately transfer to a greased bowl and shape into a square with the back of a lid.
4. In the same pan add one more cup of khoya, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.Mix well and cook till the mixture turns soft mass.
5. Transfer over the prepared white burfi and spread evenly.
6. Allow the chocolate burfi to set for 20 minutes.
7. Once set slice and serve as required.
More Indian Sweets
I hope you will try this easy chocolate burfi recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
Chocolate Burfi Recipe
Chocolate Burfi Recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
For white layer Of Chocolate Burfi
- 1 cup crumbled unsweetened khoya
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Few drops of rose essence
For chocolate layer of chocolate burfi
- 1 cup unsweetened khoya
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Bring khoya to room temperature. Grate, crumble to mash the khoya thoroughly.
- Heat 1 teaspoon ghee in a thick pan. Add 1 cup mashed khoya and 1/4 cup sugar. Mix well and start cooking. Cook in low medium flame. Cook until the sugar dissolves completely and mixture turns into a soft mass. Add rose essence and mix well.
- Immediately transfer to a greased bowl and shape into a square with the back of a lid.
- In the same pan add one more cup of khoya, 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder.Mix well and cook till the mixture turns soft mass.
- Transfer over the prepared white burfi and spread evenly.
- Allow the burfi to set for 20 minutes. Slice and serve chocolate burfi as required.