Last updated on February 5th, 2018
Coconut ladoo recipe with step by step photos. A very easy to make highly addictive sweet that you can make within 15 minutes if you have a tin of sweetened condensed milk in hand!
Coconut ladoo is a very popular and tasty sweet or mithai from Indian cuisine. The traditional method for making coconut ladoo involves cooking grated coconut along with sugar and it takes some time. Here in this easy version this coconut ladoo recipe is made with just 2 ingredients and 15 minutes! It tastes wonderful with a nice chewy texture and seriously addictive!
To make coconut ladoo recipe at home, it is best to use freshly grated coconut, you can even use desiccated coconut powder, frozen coconut flakes though. I have used amul mithai mate, any sweetened condensed milk will be good. It is a very very simple and easy recipe, just roast the coconut for few minutes, cook in low flame along with condensed milk and make ladoos while the mixture is still warm. As an optional step you can roll the prepared ladoo over some grated coconut, I have rolled them very slightly, I feel covering the ladoo with grated coconut affects the texture. If I make this coconut ladoo again, I will just skip this step.
Having a can of condensed milk in hand is a real savior especially during festival season, here is a list of easy sweet recipes you can make with condensed milk, do check them out (click on the names below to get the full recipe)
How to make coconut ladoo recipe
1. Grate and measure the grated coconut. Heat 2 teaspoons ghee in a pan. Add the grated coconut and fry for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add condensed milk and mix well.
3. Mix, stir well and cook for 10-12 minutes until the mixture turns to a soft lump.
4. Allow to cool for few minutes, make small ladoos while the mixture is still warm. Roll each ladoo over remaining grated coconut and let the ladoos set until serving.
Coconut ladoo recipe card below:
Coconut ladoo recipe is a classic Indian sweet made with freshly grated coconut and sweetened condensed milk in 15 minutes.
- 2 cups freshly grated coconut more for dusting
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder optional
- 3 teaspoons ghee optional
- Grate and measure the grated coconut. Heat 2 teaspoons ghee in a pan. Add the grated coconut and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add condensed milk and mix well.
- Mix, stir well and cook for 10-12 minutes until the mixture turns to a soft lump.
- Allow to cool for few minutes, make small ladoos while the mixture is still warm. Roll each ladoo over remaining grated coconut and let the ladoos set until serving.