Last updated on February 1st, 2018
Fruit custard recipe with step by step photos. Easy fruit custard recipe or fruit salad with custard recipe as we have known it since we were kids. This easy fruit custard recipe is a childhood favorite and we used to go crazy over this. I make this fruit custard recipe very often especially in summer.
I make this fruit custard with whatever fruit I have handy. Fruit custard tastes delicious when made with many fruits. The addition of creamy custard sauce to fresh and crunchy fruits is a yum combination. You can try this fruit custard recipe when you have lots of fruit and what to finish off before they become over ripe. Toddlers and kids will love this fruit salad with custard. This is an excellent way to feed both milk and fruits to them.
I usually use vanilla flavored custard powder for making this fruit custard recipe. Vanilla is neutral flavor and it compliments all the fruits. However you can even use mango custard powder or any other flavored powder in this fruit salad with custard recipe. Whenever I make this, I make a big batch and it gets over in no time. I prefer to make and serve this fruit custard on the same day. Sometimes the flavor of the custard changes if refrigerated for more than one day. I usually prepare the custard sauce and chill for 2-3 hours. At the time of serving I add the cut fruits and serve immediately. This fruit custard recipe has been a hit every time I serve it. It is a fitting dessert for any party. You can make a big batch very easily. It is tasty and looks very grand too. Far better than any store bought dessert. Only time consuming part is chopping fruits. Indian fruit custard recipe is a very popular dessert with fresh fruits here.
To make fruit custard recipe, I have used apple, mango, banana, kiwi etc. You can add any fruits of your choice. Just make sure to add the fruits only after the custard is cooled. Adding some fruits to hot custard may curdle the custard. Along with fruits I like to add chopped nuts in fruit custard recipe. Here I have added few drops of rose milk essence in custard sauce. It gave a nice color and flavor to the custard. You can add pistachio essence or even badam essence.
Serve fruit custard as such or with a scoop of ice cream. Vegans can use almond milk instead of dairy milk. But just gently warm the almond milk,do not heat it like dairy milk.
How to make fruit custard recipe
1. Take 1/4 cup milk in a mixing bowl and add custard powder to it. Mix well without any lumps.
2. Add this to the remaining milk and add sugar. Cook in low flame till the custard thickens.
3. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
4. While serving take a glass and add one layer of chilled custard,add fresh fruits and then again custard. Top with chopped nuts and serve fruit custard immediately.
Fruit custard recipe card below:
- 2 cups milk boiled
- 3 tablespoons custard powder vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar
- 2-3 drops rose essence optional
- Fresh cut fruits
- Chopped nuts
- Take 1/4 cup milk in a mixing bowl and add custard powder to it. Mix well without any lumps.
- Add this to the remaining milk and add sugar. Cook in low flame till the custard thickens.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- While serving take a glass and add one layer of chilled custard,add fresh fruits and then again custard. Top with chopped nuts and serve fruit custard immediately.
1. You can adjust sugar as per taste
2. If you want thick custard add 4 tablespoons of custard powder