Last updated on January 9th, 2018
Mango mastani recipe with step by step photos. Learn how to make mango mastani, a very popular dessert drink from Pune, India with this easy recipe today.
Mango mastani recipe was in my list last year itself. Somehow I could not post all the mango recipes as I planned last year and this year I have made a few to share with you all. Mango mastani is a thick dessert drink from Pune. Mastani drinks are quite popular there and mango mastani tops the list. I have tasted mango mastani few times and liked it very much. I love mango and all milk based drinks so no wonder 🙂 It is said that the name mastani for this milkshake is after the queen Mastani.
mango mastani is basically a very thick mango milkshake topped with ice cream, fresh mango cubes, glazed cherries and nuts. You can use any ice cream fruits and nuts of your choice. Here I have used alphonso mangoes, homemade vanilla ice cream, chopped pistachios and almonds to make mango mastani recipe
If you like mangoes you gotta try this mango mastani 🙂 Serve mango mastani super cold and enjoy 🙂
Step by step mango mastani recipe
1. Blend peeled and roughly chopped mangoes with 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup sugar. Chill until serving
2. To make mango mastani, take a serving glass and fill with prepared milkshake up to 3/4 th of the glass.
3. Top with ice cream scoops, glazed cherries, finely chopped mangoes and sliced pistachios and almonds.
Mango mastani recipe card below:
- 2 large mangoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups milk boiled and cooled
- 1/4 cup sugar adjust
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped mangoes
- 2 tablespoons sliced nuts
- Glazed cherries
- 2 scoops ice cream
- Blend peeled and roughly chopped mangoes with 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup sugar. Chill until serving
- To make mango mastani, take a serving glass and fill with prepared milkshake up to 3/4 th of the glass.
- Top with ice cream scoops, glazed cherries, finely chopped mangoes and sliced pistachios and almonds.
1. Use chilled milk for making milkshake and chill it for sometime before serving. You can add ice cubes but it will dilute the shake.
2. You can use any fresh fruit like apple or banana to top the mastani