Mango milkshake recipe– a simple and refreshing summer drink prepared by just blending ripe mango with milk, sugar and ice cream. Mango milkshake is the popular Indian summer drink that I always make during mango season. I especially prefer to flavor my milkshake with cardamom or saffron.
This recipe of mango milkshake is with ice cream. However you can make this milkshake without ice cream too. Furthermore I have also mentioned some tips and serving suggestions in this recipe.
Milkshake recipes are most sought after in India. Especially during summer this mango milk is a crowd favorite. We used to drink up cups and cups of this delicious mango shake while growing up. My mom used to make a very simple one though mostly without ice cream. Mom’s mango milkshake recipe is just blend fresh mangoes with very less milk and sugar. Naturally thick shake without any ice cream 🙂
You can make this milkshake with your choice of milk. If you do not prefer dairy milk in milk shakes you can easily use almond milk or coconut milk also. Furthermore you can also add nuts in this recipe as topping.
While making mango milkshake is easy and simple yet there some tips for you to make best mango milkshake recipe.
Tips for making best mango milkshake recipe.
- Perfect mango milkshake is thick and luscious. The quantity of milk should be less for a thick and creamy shake. However if you want a thinner shake just add more milk.
- Choose ripe and sweet mangoes for milkshake as it is very important for creamy shake. The mangoes should not be very fibrous.
- To make this healthier you can use jaggery or honey as sweetener.
- You can serve this milkshake topped with ice cream or finely chopped mangoes also.
- Use chilled mangoes for making milkshake. I usually freeze the chopped mangoes for 20 minutes for best thick shake. Also make sure the milk is boiled and chilled,
- I have used homemade mango ice cream in this recipe. You can also use vanilla ice cream.
- This milkshake can be made with coconut milk, almond milk also instead of cow’s milk
As mango milkshake filling and hearty milkshake this may be a bit heavy as dessert. I suggest you serve this milkshake as snack. This is especially a great snack for toddlers and kids.
Video of mango milkshake recipe:
How to make mango milkshake recipe (step by step photos)
1. First of peel and roughly chop the mangoes. Freeze the mangoes for 15-20 minutes. Also boil and chill the milk thoroughly.
2. Take the frozen mango cubes in a mixer jar. To that add sugar, chilled milk and cardamom pods.
3. Blend smooth. Next add a scoop of ice cream an blend smooth.
4. Serve mango milkshake topped with a scoop of ice cream.
Mango Milkshake Recipe Card:
Mango milkshake recipe is a popular Indian summer drink that is loved by one all. A thick blend of rip mangoes, sugar and milk with or without ice cream.
- 3 mangoes peeled and cubed
- 1.5 cups milk boiled and chilled
- 3 scoops ice cream more for topping
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- First of peel and roughly chop the mangoes. Freeze the mangoes for 15-20 minutes. Also boil and chill the milk thoroughly.
- Take the frozen mango cubes in a mixer jar. To that add sugar, chilled milk and cardamom pods. Blend smooth.
- Next add a scoop of ice cream an blend smooth.
- Serve mango milkshake topped with a scoop of ice cream.