Last updated on June 18th, 2019
Mung bean salad recipe– delicious, healthy and filling mung bean salad Indian style. This is a very easy salad that you can whip up in 15 minutes. Healthy, full of texture and colorful, serve this salad as snack or a light meal on a hot day! Here is how to make healthy mung bean salad with step wise photos.
This mung bean salad is made with cooked mung beans hence safe for toddlers, kids and also pregnant women. You can easily vary the ingredients in this salad to suit your preference. I have added some boiled corn just to add some sweetness and color to the salad.
These kind of recipes are what I heart during summers. Easy to make, super light on tummy and comes together in minutes. Just soak some mung bean overnight and you can make this salad in no time.
Pressure cook some mung bean until just soft. The beans should not turn mushy. To the cooked mung bean you can add any of your preferred add-ins and make healthy mung bean salad. I usually add whatever ingredients I have in hand and make this salad.
Below I am listing some variations that you can do in this recipe.
Variations With Mung Bean Salad Recipe:
Instead of plain mun bean you can use sprouted mung bean. However it is best to cook the sprouted mung bean well before adding to the salad.
You can add fresh pomegranate seeds in this salad for a slight tangy taste. You can also add semi ripe mango. Just chop it finely and add.
Chopped or mashed avocado can also be added in this salad for a creamy texture.
I have used basic salad dressing in this recipe. Lemon juice, salt, sugar and pepper powder. You can use your preferred dressing like balsamic vinegar, honey-lemon juice.
For making this salad more filling you can add pan toasted sweet potatoes or paneer. More salad greens can also be added.
Instead of mung bean you can also use cooked green peas, white peas, boiled peanuts also.
How To Serve Mung Bean Salad?
Serve this salad along with a clear soup for your soup and salad meal.
You can add some toasted brown bread pieces to make a filling yet light meal.
This salad can also be wrapped in roti for toddlers and kids.
Chill the salad for 30 minutes and serve as cold appetizer.
More Salad Recipes:
Here are some more healthy salad recipes you might like
How To Make Mung Bean Salad Step By Step:
1. Soak washed mung beans for 8-10 hours in plenty of water. Dry roast 1/4 cup peanuts and crush well.
2. Drain and take the soaked beans in a pressure cooker. Also add sweet corn kernels if using. Add some water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
3. Once the pressure is settled drain and rinse well under cold water.
4. Take the cooked beans and corn in a mixing bowl.
5. Add grated carrot, finely chopped onions, tomatoes and green chilies.
6. Add salt, pepper powder, sugar and lemon juice. Mix very well.
7. Finally add coriander leaves, crushed peanuts and mix. Serve immediately or chill until use.
Mung Bean Salad Recipe
Mung Bean Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup moong beans soaked and drained
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 carrot ,finely grated
- 2 small tomatoes ,finely chopped
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 green chilies chopped
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Soak washed mung beans for 8-10 hours in plenty of water. Dry roast 1/4 cup peanuts and crush well.
- Drain and take the soaked beans in a pressure cooker. Also add sweet corn kernels if using. Add some water and pressure cook for 2-3 whistles.
- Once the pressure is settled drain and rinse well under cold water.
- Take the cooked beans and corn in a mixing bowl.
- Add grated carrot, finely chopped onions, tomatoes and green chilies.
- Add salt, pepper powder, sugar and lemon juice. Mix very well.
- Finally add coriander leaves, crushed peanuts and mix. Serve immediately or chill until use.
- Add cucumber if in season in this salad.
- You can also use sprouted beans