Last updated on December 23rd, 2017
Chocolate burfi recipe for festivals and celebration. Chocolate burfi recipe is one of the easy and quick Indian sweet recipe that you can make in flat 10 minutes.
Quick chocolate burfi recipe or instant chocolate burfi recipe is a very easy to make quick sweet that fits for any occasion.As you all know burfi is a very famous Indian sweet or mithai and there are many kind of burfis available through out the country,however making a perfect burfi is little tricky and time consuming.Here,today I am blogging a very simple recipe for making this delicious chocolate burfi within 10 minutes.Yeah this recipe uses condensed milk and milk powder so c0mes together very quickly and it is oh so rich. This recipe is based on my quick milk peda recipe and I have adjusted that recipe to add cocoa powder.You ca make burfi or shape pedas using this recipe,I just wanted vaariation so cut them in burfi shape.Here I have not used any flavoring or nuts (cashews are just for photo) in this recipe as I wanted a smooth burfi,but you can go ahead and dry fruits,nuts for added crunch or taste.
Keeping this recipe as base,you can replace cocoa powder with almond meal or pistachio meal for almond or pista burfi.You can even puree dates and use for dates burfi and the possibilities are endless here. If you notice my burfis are thinner than what you see in shops,I have rolled them thin,you may roll into desired thickness. Few other quick sweets/desserts that might interest you are Easy milk peda, Easy kalakandh, Paneer pistachio peda,Almond katli
Here is how to make quick chocolate burfi recipe:
- 1/2 tin or 200 grams sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup milk powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons ghee
- Take condensed milk,milk powder and cocoa powder in a nonstick kadai.Mix well till well incorporated and smooth.
- Now heat the kadai,and start stirring in medium flame.Add ghee and stir for 5 minutes.
- The mixture will start to leave the sides in 7 or 8 minutes,it will become a soft lump.This may take around 8 minutes and not more than 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture become warm to touch.Apply some ghee to your palms and knead the mixture well.Knead it at least for 5 minutes,it should become smooth and supple as you knead.
- now roll the kneaded mixture into thin/thick circle.Cut into diamonds and store.
1.You can add dried fruits and nuts in the mixture if you prefer.
2.You can make them into pedas if you prefer.