Immunity boosting turmeric tea with ginger and pepper is a wonderful warm beverage for all. With immense health benefits, this tea is miracle drink that helps in weight loss, protects heart along with boosting immunity. Health benefits of turmeric is plenty and this tea is one of the most effective ways to include turmeric in your diet. Make this vegan, sugar free, caffeine free turmeric tea today and enjoy!
I am a big fan of herbal teas. I am an ardent coffee drinker but I always resort to such herbal drinks when I need something soothing to the throat. Turmeric tea, saffron tea, tusli tea are few of my favorite herbal teas. The best part about these drinks are they taste great as well as loaded with health benefits. Also these are caffeine free and safe for kids.
This turmeric tea is my all time favorite beverage that I make every once in a while. I usually have good stock of fresh turmeric roots and use it here. Along with fresh turmeric roots I also use ginger and pepper in this tea. Flavored with cardamom we prefer this tea unsweetened. Trust me you will not miss sweetener here, the flavor of turmeric and taste of lemon is yummy in this tea.
I love turmeric milk and this tea is an extension of that love. I have tried this turmeric tea in many flavor variations and the one I a sharing here is what we like the best. I have also listed some variations that you may like.
This Turmeric Tea Recipe Is
Healthy, immunity boosting
vegan, gluten, sugar and caffeine free
easy and quick
as simple as boiling water
safe drink for kids above three years
Ingredients You Will Need
Turmeric- Fresh turmeric root is the best choice if you can source it. Fresh and tender turmeric roots have a very mild and pleasant flavor that tastes best in this tea. If you are using turmeric powder be sure to use pure unadulterated ones. If you have access to flour mill you can get dried turmeric powdered easily.
Ginger- Again fresh tender ginger root is what I prefer. If unavailable you can use dried ginger powder . Ginger along with turmeric helps in weight loss.
Peppercorns- I always add some peppercorns in this tea. Peppercorns treat cold and are anti inflammatory. You can also use a pinch of pepper powder.
Cardamom- One whole cardamom pod is added for flavor and it also helps in clearing the throat. You can aso replace cinnamon with cardamom.
Lemon – For flavor, a boost in vitamin C, immunity builder.
How To Make Turmeric Tea Step by Step
Bring three cups of water to a rolling boil.
While the water is boiling take 1 inch piece of peeled turmeric and 1.5 inches piece of peeled ginger in a mortar and pestle. Add 1 cardamom pod and 4-5 black peppercorns.
Pound well to release flavors.
Once the water reaches rolling boil, add the pounded ingredients and boil for a minute.
Simmer for 8 minutes keeping the pan closed.
Strain and serve turmeric tea with lemon slices.
- You can add any sweetener like honey, sugar or agave in this tea to taste. if adding honey add only while serving.
- Instead of ginger you can use dry ginger powder or saunth.
- You can also add few fennel seeds for flavor.
- You can add tulsi leaves in this tea
More Tea Recipes
- 3 cups water
- 1 inch fresh turmeric root, peeled OR 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1.5 inches fresh ginger root, peeled OR 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- 3 leon slices
- Bring three cups of water to a rolling boil
- While the water is boiling take 1 inch piece of peeled turmeric and 1.5 inches piece of peeled ginger in a mortar and pestle. Add 1 cardamom pod and 4-5 black peppercorns. Pound well to release flavors.
- Once the water reaches rolling boil, add the pounded ingredients and boil for a minute
- Simmer for 8 minutes keeping the pan closed.
- Strain and serve turmeric tea with lemon slices.