Veg cheese sandwich recipe is an easy breakfast or snack that you can make in 20 minutes. Loaded with fresh veggies and gooey mozzarella and toasted to perfection, this cheese veg sandwich will be a perfect start to your day. Also this sandwich can be customized to suit everyone’s taste with some simple changes. Read on the easy veg cheese sandwich recipe with step by step photos along with tips and variations!
Aren’t sandwiches the best? They are my go to option for breakfast fix especially when I run out of idli or dosa batter. When making parathas seem too ambitious I fix some simple sandwiches and call it a day.
Being easy to prepare does not mean sandwiches are low on taste though. You can make absolutely delicious sandwiches in no time with handy ingredients just like this veg cheese sandwich. The stuffing for this sandwich is so simple yet very hearty and outright tasty.
This veg cheese sandwich tastes just like what you get in small makeshift sandwich shops seen in the entrance of malls here in Tamilnadu. The secret ingredient that boosts the flavor of this sandwich is the sandwich chutney. Also good sprinkle of dry sandwich masala powder is great for those street style sandwich recipes.
These veg cheese sandwiches taste best when eaten hot off the stove. Though you can pack in tiffin, cheese sandwiches are best eaten immediately. For packing in tiffin you can make
How To Make Quick Sandwich Masala Powder?
This dry sandwich masala powder is that secret ingredient that you can use to perk up your sandwiches. It quickly improves the flavor and taste of the said sandwich. You can make this in bulk in store in fridge for a month too. Here is quick note on how to make it.
Dry roast or sun dry 1/4 cup cumin seeds, 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds, 2 tablespoons black pepper, 1 teaspoon cloves, 1 star anise, 1/4 inch cinnamon stick well. Grind along with 1/2 teaspoon black salt, 1 teaspoon rock salt and 1 teaspoon dried mango or amchur. Store airtight.
Use this masala powder for sandwiches, while preparing veggies or even for grilled paneer types.
How To Make Veg Cheese Sandwich?
To make veg cheese sandwich you will green chutney or sandwich chutney and soft salted butter at ready.
Next to make the stuffing first of all peel and slice a big potato into thick slices. Par boil them in salted water for 5-7 minutes. Slice tomato, cucumber and capsicum into thin slices.
Take 2 bread slices and apply butter on both the slices on one side. Spread some green chutney also on one side of a slice. Arrange the toppings and sprinkle some sandwich masala powder. Top with grated cheese and close with another slices of buttered bread.
Here I used my old fashioned hand held sandwich maker for toasting veg cheese sandwich. I feel this is the best ever equipment for toasting sandwich. You can also toast or grill using an electric sandwich maker or toast on tava.
Once done, cut into two and serve cheese veg sandwich hot.
How To Make Veg Cheese Sandwich On Tava?
To make this veg cheese sandwich on tava prepare the bread slices as mentioned above. Heat a tava with some butter. Place the stuffed sandwich and keep a clean mortar or any heavy object on the bread slice and toast for 2 minutes. Now flip and repeat the same for 2 more minutes. Once crispy and golden, cut and serve.
Which Cheese Can I Use For Veg Cheese Sandwich?
I have used fresh grated mozzeralla for this sandwich. For making cheese veg sandwich you can also use cheese slice, processed cheese cubes, mild cheddar or even five cheese. But nothing like fresh grated mozzarella if you have it.
Serve veg cheese sandwich hot with green chutney or sauce on side. You can also serve with potato wafers or wedges or a salad and soup for a filling meal.
More sandwich recipes
How To Make Veg Cheese Sandwich Recipe Step by Step
1. Peel and slice a big potato into thick slices. Par boil in salted water for 5-7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Set aside. Thinly slice the tomatoes, cucumber and capsicum.
2. Take two bread slices and spread butter on both sides. Now spread green chutney on one bread slice.
3. Arrange the sliced veggies as required. Sprinkle some sandwich masala powder. Top with grated cheese and close with another buttered bread slice.
4. Place the prepared sandwich in a sandwich maker or electric grill or on hot tava and toast until crispy and golden. Cut and serve hot.
Veg Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Veg Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 1 large potato
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small green capsicum
- 6 bread slices
- 3 tablespoons butter, more for toasting
- 3 tablespoons green chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon sandwich masala powder divided
- 6 tablespoons grated cheese
- Peel and slice a big potato into thick slices. Par boil in salted water for 5-7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Set aside. Thinly slice the tomatoes, cucumber and capsicum.
- Take two bread slices and spread butter on both sides. Now spread green chutney on one bread slice.
- Arrange the sliced veggies as required. Sprinkle some sandwich masala powder. Top with grated cheese and close with another buttered bread slice.
- Place the prepared sandwich in a sandwich maker or electric grill or on hot tava and toast until crispy and golden. Cut and serve hot.