Last updated on December 21st, 2017
Bread besan toast recipe step by step photos. This besan toast is one of the quickest breakfast that I in a jiffy on busy days.
There are many ways to make bread toast and this is one of the delicious toast recipes that I make along with chili cheese toast, paneer cheese toast, masala toast, eggless french toast, sooji toast, veg cheese toast recipes. All you need to make bread besan toast are gram flour or chick pea flour and some herbs, spices. I like to add bell peppers and onions in bread toast.
This besan bread toast is vegetarian variation for those who do not eat eggs. These savory toasts is something I make for a quick after school snack as well. When making for toddlers and kids you can add grated carrots as well for color and nutrition.
This besan bread toast is not eggless savory french toast but close enough. Usually chickpea flour is used to replace egg in Indian vegetarian cuisine. A vegetarian omelette is made with chickpea flour, onion and tomato in our homes. This besan toast is very similar to that.
These easy to make besan toasts taste best with tea or coffee. You can serve this with milkshake or juice to toddlers and kids.
Bread besan toast recipe details below:
- 8 bread slices
- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicums
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 green chillies very finely chopped
- 1/4 water
- 3 teaspoons oil
- Take gram flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients except bread,oil and water to it.Mix well.
- Slowly add the water and whisk well to make a thick smooth lump free batter.
- Heat a tava and add oil to it.
- Take a bread slice and dip it in the prepared batter from both sides.
- Toast the batter coated bread on the hot tava from both sides until golden brown.
- Serve besan toast hot with sauce.
1. If you make the batter very thin it will not coat the batter,just add 1-2 teaspoons more besan if the batter turns thin.
2. It is better to use non stick tava for this recipe
3. You can add fienly chopped tomatoes or carrots to this bread besan toast recipe
How to make besan bread toast recipe
1. Take the measured besan/gram flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Add finely chopped onions,capsicum,green chillies,grated ginger, coriander leaves and salt to it. Mix well and add 1/4 water and mix well.
3. Make a semi thick batter with no lumps at all.
4. Heat a non stick tava and add 2-3 teaspoons oil and spread well.
5. While the oil is heating take a bread slice and dip in the prepared batter quickly from both sides. This is the important step in this bread besan toast recipe.
6. Place the slice in the hot tava and toast from both sides until the bread slice turns golden browm. Repeat the same with all the slices.
7. Serve bread besan toast hot with sauce