Bread besan toast recipe is a quick breakfast in 10 minutes. An easy toast recipe on tawa with bread, gram flour and vegetables especially suitable for busy mornings. So delicious and filling, this bread besan toast is a wonderful snack option for toddlers and kids also.
There are many ways to make bread toast. Bread besan toast is one of them that I make along with chili cheese toast, paneer cheese toast, masala toast, eggless french toast, sooji toast, veg cheese toast recipes. All you need to make bread besan toast are gram flour or chick pea flour and some herbs, spices. I like to add bell peppers and onions in this besan bread toast especially.
What Is Bread Besan Toast?
Besan means chickpea flour or gram flour. This is basically a toast where you dip a bread slice in spiced chickpea batter and toast until crispy. Bread besan toast is similar to savory french toast.
This besan bread toast is vegetarian variation for those who do not eat egg toast. These savory toasts is something I make for a quick after school snack also. While making for toddlers and kids you can add grated carrots as well for color and nutrition.
This besan bread toast is not eggless savory french toast but close enough. Usually chickpea flour is used to replace egg in Indian vegetarian cuisine. Furthermore a vegetarian omelette is made with chickpea flour, onion and tomato in our homes. This besan bread toast is very similar to that.
This Bread Besan Toast Recipe Is
So quick, easy & delicious
Vegetarian & low cal
Wholesome & filling
Simple breakfast in 15 mins
Very kid friendly
To make bread besan toast I like to use fine chickpea flour. It will yield a very smooth batter that will coat the bread slices well.
I also add some veggies like chopped tomatoes, grated carrots, onions and cilantro leaves. For spice I also add some chopped green chilies.
How To Make Bread Besan Toast Step by Step
1. Take the measured besan/gram flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Add finely chopped onions,capsicum,green chillies,grated ginger, coriander leaves and salt to it. Mix well and add 1/4 water and mix well.
3. Make a semi thick batter with no lumps at all.
4. Heat a non stick tava and add 2-3 teaspoons oil and spread well.
5. While the oil is heating take a bread slice and dip in the prepared batter quickly from both sides. This is the important step in this bread besan toast recipe.
6. Place the slice in the hot tava and toast from both sides until the bread slice turns golden browm. Repeat the same with all the slices.
7. Serve bread besan toast hot with sauce.
More breakfast recipes:
mixed dal dosa recipes.
I hope you will try this bread besan toast recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Bread Besan Toast Recipe
Bread besan toast recipe, how to make bread besan toast recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 8 bread slices
- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped capsicums
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 green chillies very finely chopped
- 1/4 water
- 3 teaspoons oil
- Take gram flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients except bread,oil and water to it.Mix well.
- Slowly add the water and whisk well to make a thick smooth lump free batter.
- Heat a tava and add oil to it.
- Take a bread slice and dip it in the prepared batter from both sides.
- Toast the batter coated bread on the hot tava from both sides until golden brown.
- Serve besan toast hot with sauce.
2. It is better to use non stick tava for this recipe
3. You can add fienly chopped tomatoes or carrots to this bread besan toast recipe