Chocolate chip cookies are soft, chewy and absolutely cookies with chunks of chocolate in every bite!
Made with choicest of ingredients, these cookies are delight in every bite. Seriously, I am literally making a batch every week!
So how many chocolate chip cookies recipe are too many recipes? Do you really need one more recipe?
Well, these cookies are special because first of all these are no fail. I mean I have been making these cookies with this recipe for years and it turns out perfect every time, not even once it failed me.
Next these cookies are not only egg less but vegan. I have used my last stash of vegan butter and homemade almond milk.You can use dairy butter and milk too obviously. See this is a versatile recipe 🙂
Most importantly, if you are like me and take your chocolate chip cookie business very seriously, this is the recipe you should try at least once.
Perfectly crispy at the edges with a super chewy center, these cookies are flavored with pure vanilla and complimented with sea salt.
These homemade chocolate chip cookies are crazy easy to make. You don’t need a stand mixer, absolutely no crazy ingredients.
Can’t you just tell from the pictures these are the best chocolate chip cookies, wonderful texture and chocolate in every bite?
What’s more, these cookies keep well for a week, tastes great with milk or coffee and best for comfort baking!
These Chocolate Chip Cookies Are
One bowl, ready in 45 minutes
Vegan, no eggs or dairy used
Plump & evenly spread out
So delicious with chocolate in every bite
Really easy with simple ingredients
These cookies are super simple and you need very few pantry staple ingredients. Make sure to best quality chocolate for best tasting choco chip cookies.
As mentioned above these are vegan chocolate chip cookies. No eggs or dairy butter or ilk used in these. Let’s see what ingredients I have used and what are your options for substitutions.
Butter– I have used vegan butter here. You can also use coconut oil, avocado oil and just regular butter. Just use room temperature oil or butter and don’t bother much about soft or melted, both works fine. If use melted butter the cookies become more chewy.
Sugar– We need two types of sugar for this chocolate chip cookie recipe. Please note that they are not interchangeable. Soft brown sugar and castor sugar are what we use in this recipe. Brown sugar makes the cookies super chewy so do keep them.
Flour–We are using a combination of plain flour and corn four in this recipe. If you want super soft chocolate chip cookies do add corn starch or flour along with pain flour.
Coffee- If you see the pictures, our cookies are in darker shade, thanks to a dash of coffee powder used 🙂 Chocolate and coffee are best ever combo, so adding a bit of instant coffee in this dough only seemed right. You can leave it out for classic chocolate chip cookies though.
Chocolate Chips- Use best quality chocolate chips or pellets or chunks for best tasting cookies. You can use any variety of chocolate chips. If you are baking vegan cookies, make sure your chocolate is vegan as well. Otherwise you can use dark, milk, bittersweet or white chocolate chips.
How To Make Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies?
As I have mentioned in the beginning, these are one of the easiest cookies you will make. Absolutely no special ingredients, equipment or skills are required for this homemade chocolate chip cookies.
To begin with cream butter, both sugars and oil until light and fluffy. To this add the flour, baking soda and ground coffee. Mix well, add milk to bind the dough. Your cookie dough will be thick yet soft.
To this fold in your chocolate chips or chunks. Mix well. Cover the bowl and chill the dough for 2 hours. At the time of baking, just scoop the cookie dough and arrange in a baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
You can refrigerate this chocolate chip cookie dough for up to 4 days and freeze for 2-3 months. More instructions on freezing the cookie dough in notes.
Step By Step Method
Preparing And Chilling Cookie Dough
Measure and combine melted or soft butter (I have used vegan butter here), brown sugar, castor sugar and pure vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
Using an electric beater or hand whisk, beat until the whole mixture is well combined and light.
To the combined wet ingredients, add measured flours, baking soda and ground coffee.
Combine well, the dough will be very stiff now. Add milk of choice (I have used almond milk).
and mix well to combine.
Add chopped chocolate chunks.
Fold and combine the chunks well into the dough.
Cover and chill the dough for 2- 4 hours.
Shaping & Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Preheat your oven at 160 C/ 325 F 15 minutes before baking.
Remove the dough from refrigerator and let sit for 5 minutes.
Grease a large baking sheet with butter or line with parchment.
Using a tablespoon a standard measure, scoop out 1 tablespoon dough and place in the greased baking sheet. You can bigger cookies by using 2 tablespoons dough for each cookie too. I always use 1 tablespoon for medium sized cookies.
Sprinkle some sea salt flakes if desired.
Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. After about 15 minutes, the cookies will still look very soft and under baked, but they continue to cook in the residual heat, so just leave them in the baking sheet for 10 more minutes.
Now remove the cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store chocolate chip cookies in airtight container and serve as required.
Tips To Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies
Combination of flours– I like to add 1 teaspoon corn flour while making dough along with plain flour. I do this for many cookies. Corn flour yields a wonderful soft texture to the cookies and makes them melt in mouth.
Oil along with butter– Along with meted butter, I like to add 1 tablespoon oil in this cookie dough. Oil adds a wonderful crumbly texture to the cookies and makes the cookies very soft with moist center. Even if you use melted butter I highly recommend oil in this recipe.
Brown sugar for soft chocolate chip cookies- If you want to bake bakery style chocolate chip cookie that is soft & chewy, brown sugar is your best bet. Soft brown sugar has high moisture content and ut makes the cookies super soft. They also caramelize while baking thus makes the cookies super chewy.
Chilling the dough– This is the most important tip for making best chocolate chip cookie. Chilling makes the cookie dough behave and it spreads in a uniform manner while baking.Also chilling the dough helps in making full bodied thick cookies that does not fall flat.
Freezing & Storage Instructions
Freezing the dough
This chocolate chip cookie do ugh freezes beautifully and keeps well for 2-3 months in freezer. To freeze the dough, prepare the dough as mentioned in the recipe.
Transfer to a freezer safe bag and freeze. When required just remove, scoop out portions and bake.
Freezing the baked cookies
To freeze baked cookies, let the cookies cool to room temperature. Then transfer to freezer safe bag and freeze. Stays good for 2-3 months.
To serve you can gently reheat in microwave for in even bake for 2-3 minutes in a preheated oven at 160 C/ 325 F.
These cookies are great in kids snack box too.
More Recipes For You
I hope you will try this chocolate chip cookies recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Soft & Chewy)
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1/2 cup melted or soft butter, dairy or vegan 115 grams
- 1 tablespoon oil any neutral cooking oil
- 3/4 cup dark soft brown sugar, packed 165 grams
- 1/2 cup castor sugar or powdered granulated sugar, 100 grams
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups plain flour 185 grams
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder optional
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons milk, I used almond milk start with 2tablespoons and add more as required
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks semi sweet, bitter as required,
- sea salt few granules, optional
- Measure and combine melted or soft butter (I have used vegan butter here), brown sugar, castor sugar and pure vanilla extract in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric beater or hand whisk, beat until the whole mixture is well combined and light.
- To the combined wet ingredients, add measured fours, baking soda and ground cofee.
- Combine well, the dough will be very stiff now.
- Add milk of choice (I have used almond milk).
- and mix well to combine.
- Add chopped chocolate chunks.
- Fold and combine the chunks well into the dough.
- Cover and chill the dough for 2- 4 hours.
Shaping & Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Preheat your oven at 160 C/ 325 F 15 minutes before baking.
- Remove the dough from refrigerator and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Grease a large baking sheet with butter or line with parchment.
- Using a tablespoon a standard measure, scoop out 1 tablespoon dough and place in the greased baking sheet. You can bigger cookies by using 2 tablespoons dough for each cookie too. I always use 1 tablespoon for medium sized cookies.
- Sprinkle some sea salt flakes if desired on each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. After about 15 minutes, the cookies will still look very soft and under baked, but they continue to cook in the residual heat, so just leave them in the baking sheet for 10 more minutes.
- Now remove the cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store chocolate chip cookies in airtight container and serve as required.
- Brown sugar- Brown sugar lends wonderful moisture and makes the cookies super chewy.
- Do not over bake the cookies, the cookies cook on residual heat after 15 minutes.
- You can double the recipe.