Last updated on May 3rd, 2019
Eggless french toast recipe is a quick and delicious vegetarian variation for classic french toast. Serve this hearty and sweet toast for breakfast with honey, jam and maple syrup for one of the truly soulful breakfasts. Here is how to make best eggless french toast recipe with step by step photos.
This vegetarian french toast comes very handy when you want to avoid eggs or if you are out of eggs. Unlike classic french toast with eggs, this vegetarian version is quick and easier to make. You just need bread slices and few simple ingredients to make this toast.
This veg french toast was a breakfast or snack we grew up with. Milk bread dipped in sweet milk mixture and toasted with butter until golden is a dream of breakfast. Yes, once you try it you will want more. When served with honey and jam we would devour it with all greed.
Now this french toast is something I also make very often. I make this for breakfast when I have a day old bread handy. I prefer to use milk bread or sweet bread for this recipe
To make eggless french toast we use custard powder as egg replacement. Instead of egg based custard we prepare an eggless custard with vanilla custard powder and cold milk. Dip the bread slices in this custard and toast until golden with butter. Sweet, satiating and comforting breakfast, yum!
I use eggless custard in many recipes. Sometimes I make my won eggfree custard from scratch or use store bought custard powder if I am running short of time. You might like recipes like
Eggless French Toast Recipe- Variations and Serving Suggestions.
There are many variations you can make with this recipe. I usually add vanilla to flavor this toast. You can also
- add nutmeg powder or cinnamon
- use chocolate syrup in the custard mixture
- use butterscotch extract or syrup
- add caramel sauce to the custard mixture.
Serve egg free french toast warm with a sprinkling of sugar or cinnamon powder. You can also serve with a dollop of jam, unsweetened whipped cream or clotted cream and toasted nuts.
More toast recipes you might like
How To Make Eggless French Toast Recipe Step by Step
1. To begin with making eggless french toast recipe,boil and cool the milk. Take the milk in a mixing bowl and add sugar and custard powder. Mix well without any lumps. The batter should be of thick butter milk consistency.
2. Heat a tava and add some butter. While the tava is getting heated,take the bread slices and quickly dip in custard mixture from both sides.
3. Place the slice carefully in the hot tava and toast from both sides until golden. Maintain medium flame.
4. Serve egg less french toast topped with nuts,cinnamon powder and a dash of sugar.
Eggless french toast recipe card below
Egg less French toast recipe | Easy breakfast recipes
- 6 bread slices
- 3/4 cup milk boiled and cooled
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 1/2 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar adjust
- 3 teaspoon slivered nuts
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- Boil and cool the milk. Take the milk in a mixing bowl and add sugar and custard powder. Mix well without any lumps. The batter should be of thick butter milk consistency.
- Heat a tava and add some butter. While the tava is getting heated,take the bread slices and quickly dip in custard mixture from both sides.
- Place the slice carefully in the hot tava and toast from both sides until golden. Maintain medium flame.
- Serve egg less french toast topped with nuts,cinnamon powder and a dash of sugar.
2. You can top this toast with fresh apples and strawberries.
3. You can also add any few fruit puree (just 2-3 teaspoons).
4. You can use honey as topping or instead of sugar in the custard mixture.