Last updated on June 26th, 2019
Milk toast recipe– thick slices of bread dipped in sweetened milk and toasted briefly, this Indian milk toast recipe is a childhood favorite and you will love it too. Checkout the recipe with short video and tips, variations.
What was your favorite snack growing up? We had a set of delicious and comforting evening snacks like chili idli, potato sandwich, bread upma, chocolate biscuit balls, pancake that we loved. This sweet milk toast was a top favorite too along with masala toast.
Thick slices of bread dipped in sweetened milk and toasted until crispy in this recipe. It is a real treat for kids after a long day at school. We usually had ours with some fruit or badam milk pistachio milk for evening snacks.
If you are looking for quick and easy kids snack or breakfast, this toast is your best bet. You can make this toast more special by adding some ingredients. Check out the tips section.
This Milk Toast Recipe Is
Easy and simple one with 3 ingredients
Quick snack for kids in 5 minutes
So delicious and comforting
This is a quick evening snack or breakfast you can make with just 3 main ingredients. milk, sugar and bread slices. I however add some condensed milk instead of sugar as it adds richness. Also I like to serve the milk toast with some toasted nuts and dried berries.
You can make this recipe in many ways. One more fancy variation of this toast is eggless french toast. Also you can add any kind of flavor like rose, almond or even chocolate in the milk to make this toast.
This is a very humble recipe yet these toasts are so delicious and hearty. Not only toddlers and kids even adults will enjoy this comforting hearty toast as breakfast or snack.
How To Make Milk Toast (Step By Step)
1. Mix milk and condensed milk well in a shallow bowl. You can also add some vanilla extract.
2. heat a tava with some ghee. Dip a bread slice into the milk mixture
and place on hot tava.
3. Sprinkle some sugar on top and cook for few seconds.
4. Flip gently and toast from both sides.
Garnish with toasted nuts and serve warm.
Cinnamon Flavored Toast
One more variation with this toast recipe is as follows.
Butter the bread slices and toast until crispy. Sprinkle cinnamon powder over the slices.
Boil the milk with sugar. Add vanilla and mix well. Pour this hot milk over the toast and serve!
Some More Variations
- To make this recipe more rich you can add a pinch of saffron in the milk.
- Along with condensed milk you can also add some cream to make it more flavorful
- Instead of plain milk you can make chocolate toast by adding a tablespoon of cocoa powder or drinking chocolate in milk.
More Bread Recipes
Also checkout sandwich recipes.
I hope you will try this milk toast recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
Milk Toast Recipe
Milk Toast Recipe
- 6 bread slices
- 1/2 cup milk boiled and cooled
- 2-3 tablespoons condensed milk sweetened
- 3 tablespoons toasted chopped nuts almonds, pistachios
- ghee for toasting
- sugar for topping
- Mix milk and condensed milk well in a shallow bowl. You can also add some vanilla extract.
- heat a tava with some ghee. Dip a bread slice into the milk mixture and place on hot tava.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top and cook for few seconds.
- Flip gently and toast from both sides. Garnish with toasted nuts and serve warm.
- If you want to make this toast without condensed milk you can simmer the boiled milk for 10 minutes until it is a bit reduced and use it for making toast
- Add more or less sugar as per taste
- Use thick slices of bread for best results