Milk toast recipe– thick slices of bread dipped in sweetened milk and toasted briefly, this Indian milk toast recipe is a childhood favorite and you will love it too. Here is an easy video recipe of milk toast for you all.
What Is Milk Toast?
Milk toast is a quick evening snack or breakfast you can make with just 3 main ingredients. milk, sugar and bread slices. I however add some condensed milk instead of sugar as it adds richness. Also I like to serve the milk toast with some toasted nuts and dried berries.
You can make this toast in many ways. One more fancy variation of this toast is eggless french toast. Also you can add any kind of flavor like rose, almond or even chocolate in the milk to make this toast.
This is a very humble recipe yet the toasts are so delicious and hearty. Not only toddlers and kids even adults wil enjoy this comforting hearty toast as breakfast or snack.
Variations With Milk Toast
One more variation with this toast recipe is as follows.
Butter the bread slices and toast until crispy. Sprinkle cinnamon powder over the slices.
Boil the milk with sugar. Add vanilla and mix well. Pour this hot milk over the toast and serve!
Some More variations
To make this toast more rich you can add a pinch of saffron in the milk.
Along with condensed milk you can also add some cream to make it more flavorful
Instead of plain milk you can make chocolate toast by adding a tablespoon of cocoa powder or drinking chocolate in milk.
More Toast Recipes
Also checkout sandwich recipes.
Milk Toast Video Recipe:
How To Make Milk Toast (Step By Step)
1. Mix milk and condensed milk well in a shallow bowl. You can also add some vanilla extract.
2. heat a tava with some ghee. Dip a bread slice into the milk mixture and place on hot tava.
3. Sprinkle some sugar on top and cook for few seconds.
4. Flip gently and toast from both sides. Garnish with toasted nuts and serve warm.
Are you making this recipe? Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou.
Milk Toast Recipe
Milk toast recipe is an easy Indian style toast made with thick slices, sweetened milk and served warm.
- 6 bread slices
- 1/2 cup milk boiled and cooled
- 2-3 tablespoons condensed milk sweetened
- 3 tablespoons toasted chopped nuts almonds, pistachios
- ghee for toasting
- sugar for topping
- Mix milk and condensed milk well in a shallow bowl. You can also add some vanilla extract.
- heat a tava with some ghee. Dip a bread slice into the milk mixture and place on hot tava.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top and cook for few seconds.
- Flip gently and toast from both sides. Garnish with toasted nuts and serve warm.