Last updated on March 15th, 2018
Eggless pancake recipe– anyone, even beginners can make this soft, fluffy and delicious eggfree pancakes with whole wheat flour in no time. Easiest recipe for making best pancakes without eggs and refined flour especially perfect for toddlers and kids!
Making pancakes are very much part of our family. This recipe is especially from my mom and aunts. They mastered this eggless pancakes recipe from their Anglo Indian neighbor. I have been making this recipe for quite few years with my own changes.
These pancakes have a nice fluffy texture and very soft. They puffed up like cake when I was making them. When eaten hot this eggless pancake tastes wonderful. Even if you are used to have traditional pancake with eggs you will love this best pancake recipe with whole wheat flour and without eggs.
In this eggless pancake recipe I have not used maida. This pancake is made with whole wheat flour, raw cane sugar and organic milk. I have used this whole wheat flour successfully in cakes, cookies, sweets and now in this pancake recipe too. In this recipe I have used whole wheat flour from organic nations brand.
Variations with eggless pancakes recipe.
- You can use vanilla or lavender for flavoring instead of cinnamon powder.
- You can add any fruit like banana or strawberry in the batter. Just chop them finely and add to the batter. You can also top the pancake with fruit while cooking.
- I have added raw cane sugar in this recipe. For a healthier variation you can use palm sugar, coconut sugar or powdered jaggery also.
- To make this recipe vegan just replace butter with oil and dairy milk with any vegan milk like soy milk or almond milk.
- You can use all purpose flour or self raising flour pancakes instead of whole wheat flour. If using self raising flour just leave out baking powder.
With all healthy ingredients this healthy pancake is best snack for toddlers and kids also. I have used about 4 tablespoons sugar in this recipe. I have made the pancakes sweeter as we prefer that way. You can reduce the sugar as much as you want to make pancakes that are light sweet.
Tips for making best pancakes without eggs.
- Adjust the quantity of milk according to the quality of wheat flour. I have used organic wheat flour which is a bit dense. If you are using regular wheat flour then 1 cup milk may also be perfect
- Do not reduce the amount of baking powder as it is needed for fluffy pancakes.
- Adding butter to hot milk is needed for making soft pancakes. This technique is especially used in hot milk cakes. The milk should be hot and not boiling.
- recipe can be doubled or tripled or halved.
You can serve pancakes with maple syrup, honey or any special pancake syrup. We always prefer have these eggless fluffy pancake with honey. You van also serve along with cut fruits, slow roasted almond and dry fruits etc.
While packing for kids in lunch smear the pancake with honey or chocolate syrup.
If you are looking for similar breakfast recipes do check
How to make eggless pancake video:
How to make eggfree pancake with wheat flour (step by step)
1. Boil and cool the milk slightly. Add the butter to the hot milk and mix well.
2. To the milk butter mixture add sugar and whisk well.
3. Mix wheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder well. Add salt and mix well too.
4. Add the dry ingredients milk mixture and mix well. The batter should be thick and flowing.
5. Heat a tava and spread some butter. Pour a ladle full of batter on hot tava. The batter will spread itself a bit. Add some butter on top and cook on medium flame for 30 seconds. The pancake will get cooked and some pores will appear.
6. Flip and cook for 30-40 seconds. The pancake will fluff up and edges will turn golden. Repeat the process to make 5 more pancakes. Serve eggless pancake hot or warm with any syrup or honey.
Eggless pancake recipe card below:
Eggless pancake recipe- light, soft, fluffy best eggless pancake recipe using whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 pinches cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk Add 1/4 more cup if needed
- 2 tablespoons butter more for making pancakes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Boil and cool the milk slightly. Add the butter to the hot milk and mix well.
- To the milk butter mixture add sugar and whisk well.
Mix wheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder well. Add salt and mix well too.
- Add the dry ingredients milk mixture and mix well. The batter should be thick and flowing.
Heat a tava and spread some butter.
Pour a ladle full of batter on hot tava. The batter will spread itself a bit. Add some butter on top and cook on medium flame for 30 seconds. The pancake will get cooked and some pores will appear.
- Flip and cook for 30-40 seconds. The pancake will fluff up and edges will turn golden. Repeat the process to make 5 more pancakes. Serve eggless pancake hot or warm with any syrup or honey.
1.You can replace dairy milk vegan milk for making vegan pancake
2. Quantity of milk can be adjusted as per quality of wheat flour.