Eggless pancake recipe– anyone, even beginners can make this soft, fluffy and delicious egg free pancakes with whole wheat flour in no time. Easiest recipe for making best pancakes without eggs and refined flour especially perfect for toddlers and kids!
Ever tired homemade pancakes without eggs? If not you are in for a treat with this easy recipe. This is a wonderful recipe of vegetarian pancakes for those with egg allergy or when you run out of eggs or those who simply don’t eat them.
I have tried various pancake recipes and this is the best one so far. Here is my best keeper recipe to make pancakes without eggs, try it out and enjoy!
About This Wheat Flour Pancake Recipe
Eggless pancake is a vegetarian variation for classic pancakes made with eggs. Usually eggs are added in pancake batter to make it fluffy and soft. This recipe will help you achieve the same without adding eggs.
Making pancakes are very much part of our family. This recipe is especially from my mom and aunts. They mastered this eggless pancakes recipe from their Anglo Indian neighbor. I have been making this recipe for quite few years with my own changes.
These pancakes have a nice fluffy texture and very soft. They puffed up like cake when I was making them. When eaten hot this eggless pancake tastes wonderful.
Even if you are used to have traditional pancake with eggs you will love this best pancake recipe with whole wheat flour and without eggs.
In this eggless pancake recipe I have not used maida or all purpose flour. This pancake recipe without eggs is made with whole wheat flour, raw cane sugar and organic milk.
The best thing about this egg free pancake recipe it tastes just delicious as your classic pancake. It is not like a sweet flatbread made of wheat flour 🙂
A good pancake is fluffy, soft with that caramelized crispy edges and these pancakes have it all. As you can see I have made it slightly thin but you can make thick pancakes too with this recipe.
Serve piping hot eggless pancakes with a good drizzle of honey or syrup, a blob of butter and of course with fresh cut fruits. I would add some nuts and a good coffee too 🙂 This eggless pancake is
soft and fluffy
delicious & rich
healthier and wholesome
How To Make Eggless Pancake Recipe
1. Boil and cool the 1 cup milk slightly. Pour the milk in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter to the hot milk and mix well. Instead of butter you can also use any vegetable oil or neutral oil.
2. To the milk butter mixture add 2 tablespoon sugar and whisk well. You can also add 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice for fluffiness.
3. Mix 1 cup wheat flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and cinnamon powder well. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix well too. You can add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract instead of cinnamon powder.
4. Add the dry ingredients milk mixture and mix well. The batter should be thick and flowing. If needed add 1/4 cup water.
5. Heat a frying pan or griddle and spread some butter. Pour 1/4 cup of batter on the pan. The batter will spread itself a bit. Add some butter on top and cook on medium flame for 30 seconds. The pancake will get cooked and some pores will appear.
6. Flip and cook for 30-40 seconds. The pancake will fluff up and edges will turn golden. Repeat the process to make 5 more pancakes. Serve eggless pancake hot or warm with any syrup or honey.
Variations With Egg Free Pancakes Recipe.
- Instead of wheat flour you can use plain flour or even gluten free blend of flours of your choice to make pancake.
- You can use vanilla or lavender for flavoring instead of cinnamon powder.
- You can add any fruit like banana or strawberry or blueberries in the batter. Just chop them finely and add to the batter. You can also top the pancake with fruit while cooking.
- I have added raw cane sugar in this recipe. For a healthier variation you can use palm sugar, coconut sugar or powdered jaggery also.
- To make this recipe vegan just replace butter with oil and dairy milk with any vegan milk like soy milk or almond milk.
- You can use all purpose flour or self raising flour pancakes instead of whole wheat flour. If using self raising flour just leave out baking powder.
- Instead of fruits you can add finely chopped nuts or chocolate chips in the batter.
With all healthy ingredients this healthy pancake is best snack for toddlers and kids also. I have used about 3 tablespoons sugar in this recipe. I have made the pancakes sweeter as we prefer that way. You can reduce the sugar as much as you want to make pancakes that are light sweet.
Tips for making best pancakes without eggs.
- Adjust the quantity of milk according to the quality of wheat flour. I have used organic wheat flour which is a bit dense. If you are using regular wheat flour then 1 cup milk may also be perfect
- Do not reduce the amount of baking powder as it is needed for fluffy pancakes.
- Adding butter to hot milk is needed for making soft pancakes. This technique is especially used in hot milk cakes. The milk should be hot and not boiling.
- To make vegan pancakes just use warm almond milk or soy milk along with oil instead of butter.
- recipe can be doubled or tripled or halved.
You can serve pancakes with maple syrup, honey or any special pancake syrup. We always prefer have these eggless fluffy pancake with honey. You van also serve along with cut fruits, slow roasted almond and dry fruits etc.
While packing for kids in lunch smear the pancake with honey or chocolate syrup.
If you are looking for similar breakfast recipes do check
Are you making this recipe? I would love to see a snap of your creation too. Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou and please give a star rating ★ in the recipe card above. Follow us on Pinterest , Instagram, Facebook for more recipes and ideas.
Eggless Pancakes With Wheat Flour
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pinches cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk Add 1/4 more cup if needed
- 2 tablespoons butter more for making pancakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Boil and cool the milk slightly. Add the butter to the hot milk and mix well.
- To the milk butter mixture add sugar and whisk well.
- Mix wheat flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder well. Add salt and mix well too.
- Add the dry ingredients milk mixture and mix well.
- The batter should be thick and flowing.
- Heat a tava and spread some butter. Pour a ladle full of batter on hot tava. The batter will spread itself a bit. Add some butter on top and cook on medium flame for 30 seconds. The pancake will get cooked and some pores will appear.
- Flip and cook for 30-40 seconds. The pancake will fluff up and edges will turn golden. Repeat the process to make 5 more pancakes. Serve eggless pancake hot or warm with any syrup or honey.