Mango frooti recipe at home without any preservatives or added colors. Yes you heard it right, you can easily make frooti, slice types of mango juice at home in flat 20 minutes. Here is an easy video recipe for mango frooti that you can make during mango season. Enjoy!
I always make fresh mango juice during mango season at home. Last week my friend sent me a video explaining how to make mango frooti at home. We were not much exposed to any bottled drinks right from childhood but my husband used to like frooti types. So I tried it this week and it was so delicious. It was Very close to mango frooti, slice drinks.
For homemade mango frooti we need very ripe alphonso mangoes and some raw mango. The secret step in making this type of mango juice is to cook both ripe raw and ripe mangoes along with sugar. This is somewhat similar to aam panna.
When cooked the flavor of the mango juice turns out exactly like mango frooti. You can add water as required to adjust the consistency of the juice. Here are some tips for making this mango juice more tasty.
Tips For Making Mango Frooti
- Use alphonso mangoes for vibrant color and nice flavor.
- Do not use more raw mangoes than mentioned. You can even use semi ripe mangoes.
- Use sweet ripe mangoes that are less fibrous.
- You can cook add 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to round off the flavors. Lemon juice will also be a natural preservative if you want to store the juice.
Once prepared chill the mango frooti thoroughly for at least 3 hours. Serve chilled with more ice cubes if needed. Keeps well for 3-4 days n refrigerator.
More Mango Recipes
Mango Frooti Recipe Video:
How To Make Mango Frooti Recipe
1. Take chopped raw and ripe mangoes in a thick pan. To that add sugar and 1 cup water.
2. Mix well. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. Drain and reserve the stock.
4. Blend the cooked mangoes into a smooth puree.
4. Now mix the mango puree and stock very well.
5. Add 1-3 cups water as per required consistency.
6. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Serve with ice cubes if desired.
Are you making this recipe? Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou.
Mango Frooti Recipe Card:
Homemade Mango Frooti Recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 2 cups chopped ripe mangoes sweet and fully ripe
- 1/2 cup chopped raw mangoes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 cups water divided
- Take chopped raw and ripe mangoes in a thick pan. To that add sugar and 1 cup water.
- Mix well. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and reserve the stock. Blend the cooked mangoes into a smooth puree.
- Now mix the mango puree and stock very well.
- Add 1-3 cups water as per required consistency.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Serve mango frooti with ice cubes if desired.
- Use good quality ripe mangoes for best flavor.
- The consistency can be adjusted by adding more or less water