Mint lemonade recipe with video and step by step photos. A refreshing and delicious mint lemonade recipe that you just need for hottest Indian summers 🙂
This mint lemon juice or mint lemonade has been my drink of choice these days. I make a big pitcher full of lemonade with mint for us every morning. Lemonade is an excellent option for keeping us hydrated this summer especially if you are not very keen on drinking plain water. While adding various flavors to the lemonade has its of health benefits it also makes the plain lemonade more delicious.
Pudina or mint leaves are staple produce in my kitchen. I have organic mint growing in my terrace garden and I use it various ways. Apart from using it as garnish, in chutneys, pulao varieties I also add make mint raita, mint choco chip ice cream, mint lemonade recipes. I also add mint leaves in my virgin mojito, sharbath recipes.
Benefits of mint leaves:
Mint is very good for us with so many healthy benefits. It is very refreshing and especially in summer we should be including more of pudina or mint leaves in our diet.
- Mint leaves aids in healthy weight loss
- It is commonly known that mint leaves are great for treating nausea and especially this mint lemonade is very good for morning sickness and nausea.
- Pudina or mint leaves are excellent for detoxification.
- It is very good for digestion and to treat bloating
- Mint leaves improve immunity and reduces stress
- These leaves are also widely in skin care.
Making mint lemonade is easy and quick. You do not have to prepare simple syrup or sugar syrup for lemonade in this recipe. Also I have added some rock salt and pepper powder for some punch in this lemonade. Here I have just muddled the mint leaves with other ingredients to infuse the flavor. There is no need to blend.
In this mint lemon juice recipe, I have used raw cane sugar. Using this sugar gave a beautiful golden color to my mint lemonade. Though you can use regular sugar, palm sugar, honey or even jaggery powder. I suggest you use cane sugar, palm sugar or jaggery for healthy lemonade.
Serve mint lemonade cold as welcome drink or mid morning drink.
More drink recipes:
Video recipe of mint lemonade:
How to make mint lemonade or mint lemon juice
1. First of all squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl.
2. To the lemon juice add sugar, salt, pepper powder and crushed fresh mint leaves.
3. Muddle the mixture very well for flavors to infuse.
4. Add water to the muddled mixture and mix well. Serve with more lemon slices and mint leaves.
Mint lemonade recipe card below:
Mint Lemonade Recipe | Mint Lemon Juice
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1 Lemon big
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 20 mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon rock salt or black salt
- 3 cups water
- First of all squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl.
- To the lemon juice add sugar, salt, pepper powder and crushed fresh mint leaves.
- Muddle the mixture very well for flavors to infuse.
- Add water to the muddled mixture and mix well. Serve mint lemonade with more lemon slices and mint leaves.