Homemade mint chocolate ice cream- super easy to make no cook, egg free, flavorful and insanely delicious. You will not believe how easy it is to make this gourmet ice cream at home!
Mint chocolate ice cream is my favorite. Strike that all ice creams are my favorite and so is this flavor. I tasted this mint ice cream with chunks of dark chocolate in a premium parlor few years back and I am a fan since then.
Unlike what is commonly available it was not a chocolate ice cream flavored with peppermint extract, instead it was a delightfully mild ice cream with real mint leaves and chunks of bittersweet chocolate. I liked it so much that I made it at home the next day. I have been making this every summer ever since and this recipe of mint chocolate ice cream I am sharing with you is the best!
Can you see through the pictures, how creamy and rich it is? It has a pleasing color and mild flavor that is perfect for summer. A very refreshing and delicious summer dessert just like vanilla , butterscotch, cream and cookies, tender coconut ,water melon ice creams.
The best thing about homemade ice creams are you can use finest quality ingredients. Here I have used fresh, tender and flavorful homegrown mint leaves and curvature chocolate with 80% cocoa. Quality ingredients definitely makes a difference.
Next, you don’t need to cook anything for this ice cream. No making custard base or tempering the chocolate. Also this is a no churn ice cream. Whip, fold and freeze. How easy is that, even the kids can make this as fun summer dessert. I am big on making no cook no churn ice creams and few of my favorites are gulkand ice cream, mango kulfi, pistachio ice creams.
So make a batch or three of this delicious mint chocolate ice cream and enjoy. You will absolutely love every bit of it!
Homemade Mint Chocolate Ice Cream
Gourmet flavor served in premium parlors
is eggless and no cook
No churn ice cream made without an ice cream machine
Needs just 4 ingredients
Clean recipe with real ingredients
No colorants or stabilizers added
Outright delicious, refreshing and rich
Are you ready to make this yummy ice cream in your kitchen? Here you go with the details!
You Will Need
Cream- Any good quality dairy cream. I have used amul low fat cream. You can also use double cream, heavy cream or whipping cream
Sweetened condensed milk- Condensed milk along with cream is the base for this ice cream
Mint leaves- Fresh spearmint leaves that are fresh and tender. If fresh leaves are not available you can use few drops of mint extract and green food color. But using fresh mint leaves is the real deal.Make a very fine paste of mint leaves and strain it to get the juice.
Chocolate- Good quality dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate with more than 60% cocoa. The quality of chocolate makes all the difference. Make sure to fold the dark chocolate bits very well as it tends to settle at the bottom of the container.
How To Make Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Step by Step
1. Wash the mint leaves thoroughly and grind to a very fine paste with little water. Pass through a sieve and strain the juice. You need about 1/2 cup mint leaves juice.
2. Whip the fresh cream until soft peaks are formed.
3. Fold the condensed milk and mix well. To this add the mint juice and mix well.
4. Add the chopped dark chocolate and fold well. Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for 8-12 hours.
Scoop and serve mint chocolate ice cream as required.
Using An Ice Cream Maker
Make the ice cream base as in the recipe. Churn in your ice cream machine as per manufactures instructions.
Make it Vegan
To make vegan mint chocolate ice cream replace
- fresh cream with non dairy cream
- condensed milk with thick coconut or almond milk
I hope you will try this easy mint chocolate ice cream recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Mint chocolate ice cream recipe- eggless and no churn
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1/2 cup mint juice from fresh mint leaves
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 150 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Wash the mint leaves thoroughly and grind to a very fine paste with little water. Pass through a sieve and strain the juice. You need about 1/2 cup mint leaves juice.
- Whip the fresh cream until soft peaks are formed.
- Fold the condensed milk and mix well. To this add the mint juice and mix well.
- Add the chopped dark chocolate and fold well. Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for 8-12 hours. Scoop and serve mint chocolate ice cream as required.
2. You can add a pinch of green food color if you wish
3. Instead of bittersweet chocolate, use milk chocolate chips if you prefer.