Honey roasted almonds are a favorite snack among many, these sweet and spicy roasted almonds are that perfect nibble with a drink or a snack to munch on while reading. Rather than picking a pack off the self, do yourself a favor and whip up a batch at home. It is more economical, clean and delicious. It is so easy, oven does all the work 🙂
What Are Honey Roasted Almonds?
Honey roasted almonds are crispy toasted almonds with honey and a touch of salt and chili flakes. You can make it just sweet leaving out the chili flakes. Also you can add some sea salt for flavor or some spice powders for punch.
You might have seen an array of toasted nuts with various flavors in shops. I have seen a lots of varieties like honey roasted, pudina, chili and plain salted nuts.
During diwali we got a pack of honey roasted almonds as gift and it tasted too good. I wanted to make a batch at home since then and finally it happened last week.
These are really addictive guys. Given that how easy these little treats are to make there is no reason for us to not make them.
Also have you noticed how expensive they are in shops? You can make a big batch at home at half the cost. Isn’t that very cool?
I like to make wholesome and clean snacks with real ingredients mostly. Roasted nuts come in real handy.
You can make these honey roasted nuts with any of your preferred nuts like pecans, cashews or even peanuts. You can also use a mix of nuts of choice.
Here I have glazed the almonds with olive oil but you can also use melted butter for more flavor. Also I have used some brown sugar for coating the nuts and that is optional.
This is a very healthy snack for toddlers and kids when consumed in moderation. Please be sure to exercise caution for choking hazard or nut allergies in kids
Almonds are a powerhouse of nutrition and you can make such varieties to make them interesting.
The fat in these nuts are unsaturated, the good ones 🙂
This Honey Roasted Almonds Recipe Is
Simply addictive snack with bursting flavors
Vegetarian and gluten free
can be made vegan by replacing honey with maple
clan, economical & fresh
Excellent snack with drink
wholesome snack for kids
How To Make This Recipe
Prepare the spice blend and coat the almonds as mentioned in the recipe. For roasting the almonds use a big cast iron skillet or tava.
Heat the pan over medium flame. Add few drops of oil and spread well. Add the almonds tossed in spice blend and spread in a single layer as far as possible.
Roast in low flame for 10-15 minutes. Coat with sugar and cool honey roasted almonds thoroughly before storing.
Prepare the spice blend and toss the almonds as mentioned in the recipe.
Spread as single layer in MW safe plate. MW in high for 4-5 minutes. Turn the plate halfway. Toss sugar and cool.
Serve honey roasted almonds as snack or as nibbler with drinks.
You might also like
Step By Step Method
1.Take melted butter, honey, chili flakes, salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Toss in the almonds and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven at 180C. Line a baking tray with a butter paper. Arrange the marinated almonds on a single layer.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Gently stir in the almonds after 10 minutes baking. Add sugar and toss well while the almonds are still warm. The almonds will crisp up very well on cooling.
Serve honey roasted almonds as snack.
I hope you will try this easy honey roasted almonds recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
Honey Roasted Almonds
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder optional (I did not use)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Cane or white sugar for coating
- Take melted butter, honey, chili flakes, salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Toss in the almonds and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven at 180C. Line a baking tray with a butter paper. Arrange the marinated almonds on a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Gently stir in the almonds after 10 minutes baking. Add sugar and toss well while the almonds are still warm.
- The almonds will crisp up very well on cooling. Serve honey chili almonds as snack.
- To make this on stove top. Follow the instructions till step2. Then heat a big shallow pan. Transfer the nuts and saute gently over low flame for 10-12 minutes.
- You can make the same recipe with cashews or peanuts