Last updated on October 5th, 2019
Honey roasted almonds recipe- a favorite snack among many, these sweet and spicy roasted almonds are that perfect nibble with a drink or a snack to munch on while reading. Rather than picking a pack of roasted almonds off the self, do yourself a favor and whip up a batch at home. It is more hygienic, economical and delicious. Here is how to make easy honey roasted almonds in oven with step by step photos.
You might have seen an array of toasted nuts with various flavors in shops. I have seen a lots of varieties like honey roasted, pudina, chili and plain salted nuts.
During diwali we got a pack of honey roasted almonds as gift and it tasted too good. I wanted to make a batch at home since then and finally it happened last week.
These are really addictive guys. Given that how easy these little treats are to make there is no reason for us to not make them.
Also have you noticed how expensive they are shops? You can make a big batch at home at half the cost. isn’t that very cool?
So What Are Honey Roasted Almonds?
Honey roasted almonds are crispy toasted almonds wit honey and a touch of salt and chili flakes. You canmake itjust sweet leaving out the chili flakes. Also you can add some sea salt for flavor or some spice powders for punch.
You can make these honey roasted nuts with any of your preferred nuts like pecans, cashews or even peanuts. You can also use a mix of nuts of choice.
Here I have glazed the almonds with olive oil but you can also use melted butter for more flavor. Also I have used some brown sugar for coating the nuts and that is optional.
Are Honey Roasted Almonds Good For You?
Though these honey roasted almonds is a high calorie snack, please note that these are healthy and clean when made at home.
This is a very healthy snack for toddlers and kids when consumed in moderation. Almonds are a powerhouse of nutrition and you can make such varieties to make them interesting.
The fat in these nuts are unsaturated, the good ones 🙂
How To Honey Roast Almonds on Stove Top?
Prepare the spice blend and coat the almonds as mentioned in the recipe. For roasting the almonds use a big cast iron skillet or tava.
Heat the pan over medium flame. Add few drops of oil and spread well. Add the almonds tossed in spice blend and spread in a single layer as far as possible.
Roast in low flame for 10-15 minutes. Coat with sugar and cool thoroughly before storing.
How To Roast Almonds In a Microwave?
Prepare the spice blend and toss the almonds as mentioned in the recipe.
Spread as single layer in MW safe plate. MW in high for 4-5 minutes. Turn the plate halfway. Toss sugar and cool.
Serve roasted almonds as snack or as nibbler with drinks.
You might also like
How To Make Honey Roasted Almonds
1.Take melted butter, honey, chili flakes, salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Toss in the almonds and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Preheat oven at 180C. Line a baking tray with a butter paper. Arrange the marinated almonds on a single layer.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Gently stir in the almonds after 10 minutes baking. Add sugar and toss well while the almonds are still warm. The almonds will crisp up very well on cooling. Serve honey chili almonds as snack.
Honey Roasted Almonds Recipe
Oven roasted honey chili almonds recipe
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder optional (I did not use)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Cane or white sugar for coating
- Take melted butter, honey, chili flakes, salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Toss in the almonds and mix well. Set aside for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven at 180C. Line a baking tray with a butter paper. Arrange the marinated almonds on a single layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Gently stir in the almonds after 10 minutes baking. Add sugar and toss well while the almonds are still warm. The almonds will crisp up very well on cooling. Serve honey chili almonds as snack.
2. You can make the same recipe with cashews or peanuts