Last updated on July 22nd, 2019
Potato sandwich recipe or aloo sandwich recipe with step by step photos. Today I am sharing a very easy to make delicious and filling, all time favorite dish for toddlers and kids.
Potat0 sandwich recipe can be made for breakfast or snack.You can serve aloo sandwich with milkshake for toddlers and kids and you can serve with coffee for adults. Sandwich recipes comes very handy when you want to make something filling and quick, I love to make different sandwich recipes bombay grill sandwich, sprouts sandwich, mayo sandwich, aloo methi sandwich
This is a cooked potato sandwich recipe. I mean the filling used for this aloo sandwich recipe is a quick potato peas masala. The masala used is a real quick recipe, no onion garlic, not even green chillies or ginger is needed for this filling. This is however my way of making potato sandwich recipe, you can add onions or ginger garlic paste or even carrots in this filling.
To make potato sandwich recipe you can use white bread or wheat bread or multigrain bread. I have used white bread in this recipe. When serving for toddlers and kids you can use butter to toast the sandwich otherwise you can use oil or even dry roast the filed sandwich.
Here I have used my sandwich maker to toast the sandwich. You can use a sandwich maker, grill if you have one or toast the sandwich in a hot tava.
Serve potato sandwich hot immediately or you can even cool it slightly and pack in a tiffin. It will stay good and crispy.
here is how to make potato sandwich recipe or aloo sandwich recipe.
Potato sandwich recipe with step by step photos:
1. Boil, peel and mash one large potato. Boil 1/8 cup green peas along with potatoes.
2. Heat a pan and add 2 teaspoons oil. Add 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds and let it crackle.
3. Add peas and saute well for few minutes.
4. Add mashed potatoes and mix well. Add salt, turmeric powder, chaat masala powder and pepper powder. Saute and cook for 4-5 minutes.
5.Take 4 bread slices and remove the edges.
6. Apply little oil or butter on all the slices.
7. Place 2-3 tablespoons of prepared potato filling on one slice and close with other slice. Repeat the same with 2 more bread slices.
8. Place the prepared bread on a preheated sandwich maker and toast till the sandwich turns crisp. You can alternately toast in a hot tava too.
9. Serve potato sandwich hot or cool slightly and pack in a tiffin.
Potato sandwich recipe or aloo sandwich recipe card below:
Potato sandwich recipe | Aloo sandwich recipe
- 4 bread slices
- 2 teaspoons oil you can use butter too
- For potato filling
- 1 large potato boiled,peeled and mashed.
- 1/8 cup green peas
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons oil
- To make potato filling:
- Boil,peel and mash the potato well.
- Heat a pan and add 2 teaspoons oil.
- Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add peas and mix well. Saute for few minutes
- Add mashed potato, salt and all the spice powders, Mix well and cook for 4 minutes.
- Take the bread slices and trim the edges.
- Apply oil or butter on the bread slices
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of prepared potato filling on one bread slice. Cover with another slice.
- repeat the same with remaining 2 bread slices.
- Toast the in a sandwich maker or tava until crisp.
- Serve potato sandwich hot or pack in tiffin
2. You can add ginger garlic in the filling.