Last updated on February 22nd, 2019
Pudina chutney recipe with step by step photos. Sharing a very delicious and easy to make pudina chutney with coconut for idli, dosa. I had earlier shared the recipe for green chutney served with samosa, kabab, pakora, etc. This easy pudina chutney tastes best with south Indian breakfast like idli, dosa, upma, vada etc.
Mint leaves chutney for idli is a classic combination and tastes so good for breakfast. The other I had prepared idlis with an array of colorful chutneys and it was fun breakfast for us. This pudina coconut chutney was one among them.
There are many recipes for pudina chutney with coconut. Few recipes use roasted gram dal or bhuna chana dal. In few recipes urad or channa dal is used. I prefer to use bhuna chana dal or roasted gram dal as it more easy.
Mint leaves or pudina leaves are very good for digestion and it is very healthy too.
To make pudina chutney recipe I have used green chilies sauteed in oil. It is an optional step to cut down the hotness of green chilies. If you prefer you can add raw green chilies too.
How to make pudina chutney recipe with step by step photos.
Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a pan. Saute slit green chilies well.
Take it in a mixer jar. Add all the other ingredients and grind to a smooth paste with required water.
Temper mustard and urad dal in teaspoon oil and add to the chutney. Mix well.
serve pudina chutney with idli , dosa.
Pudina chutney recipe card below:
- 3/4 cup tightly packed mint/ pudina leaves
- 1/2 cup tightly packed grated coconut
- 2-3 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons roasted gram dal
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- To temper:
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3-4 curry leaves
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a pan. Saute slit green chilies well.
- Take it in a mixer jar. Add all the other ingredients and grind to a smooth paste with required water.
- Temper mustard and urad dal in teaspoon oil and add to the chutney. Mix well
- serve pudina chutney with idli , dosa.