This egg free strawberry mousse is light, airy, smooth and outright delicious, just like how a perfect mousse should be! Three ingredients, 10 minutes, no cook or bake, egg free and fluffy! This mousse with fresh strawberry is that perfect summer dessert you are looking for!
So what is your favorite dessert? I am a dessert freak and chilled or frozen desserts are my absolute favorite. If I could also incorporate some fresh fruits in it, perfect! I love to make fruit infused desserts like mango ice cream, strawberry lassi, mango pudding, banana bread to just name a few.
During summers nothing appeals to me like a bowl of ice cream, custard or smooth mousse. The best part is you can make these desserts in no time and enjoy as needed. You can make the best use of fresh fruits andcreate as many flavors in these desserts as you like.
It is raining strawberries here and I have my steady supply of lovely organic berries. I put them to best use in this sauce, jam and today I have this spectacular fluffy strawberry mousse for you. This mousse has everything you will look for in a perfect mousse, yup totally!
Got 10 minutes and some fresh berries? Read on and make this mousse now 🙂
Fluffy Strawberry Mousse Recipe!
Mousse desserts are my go to choice during summer. They are no cook and no bake, so no sweltering in the kitchen. Just blend, whip, fold and serve 🙂 Making this strawberry mousse recipe is as easy as 1 2 3.
You need just three ingredients here. Fresh strawberries, sweetener of choice and fresh cream.
- Blend– Blend the hulled berries with sugar or sweetener of your choice into smooth puree
- Whip– Whip the fresh cream until soft peaks are formed
- fold– fold the strawberry puree into the whipped cream gently.
- serve– chill the mousse in individual portions and serve.
See how easy it is? You can use this as base and make mousse with mango, chocolate also. So grab the ingredients and treat yourself to this yummy dessert 🙂
Few Words On Fresh Cream Used
I often get queries from readers regarding the fresh cream we use in ice creams, mousse recipes. In India we mostly get low fat fresh cream easily. While traditionally heavy cream is used for making these desserts, you can absolutely use low fat fresh cream (amul) in these recipes. I always use low fat cream only.
Unlike common thought you can whip the low fat cream easily at home. A stand mixer or electric beater is recommended here. Here is how to whip the low fat cream for this strawberry mousse recipe
- Chill the fresh cream carton for 4-5 hours well before using.
- Keep the mixing bowl and beater hands in freezer for 30 minutes before using. Also keep lots of ice cubes ready.
- Place the mixing bowl over a tray containing ice cubes. Remove the cream carton from refrigerator and add thick cream to the mixing bowl.
- Now beat at medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Beat until stiff sift peaks are formed.
- you may add some cream of tartar or icing sugar or corn starch to stabilize the cream. I generally dont use any of them though.
Now that you know how to whip the low fat cream lets get into the making of fluffy mousse, shall we? Step wise pictures are for your easy reference.
This Strawberry Mousse Recipe
Is Egg free
Is No cook and bake
Needs three ingredients and ten minutes
is light, airy and smooth.
Can be made vegan (see notes)
How To Make Strawberry Mousse (Step by Step)
Pick 15 red and ripe strawberries that are free of bruise. Sweeter the berries, less sweetener you will need for mousse.
Hull and chop the berries coarsely.
Add the chopped berries to a blender along with 3 tablespoons sugar. I have used organic raw sugar.
Blend into a smooth puree. Chill until use.
Take 200 grams or 1 cup chilled thick cream in a mixing bowl.
Whip until stiff soft peaks are formed. Refer above for detailed steps.
Now add the prepared strawberry puree after reserving 1/4 cup.
Fold the fruit puree into the whipped cream gently without deflating the peaks.
Get your serving glasses or cups ready. You may use shot glasses or dessert ramekins for serving.
Spoon in the reserved strawberry puree into the serving glasses.
Divide the mousse among the serving cups or shot glasses.
Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Serve strawberry mousse chilled.
Top Tips For Best Strawberry Mousse
- Use fresh and finest produce when you need very less ingredients in a recipe. Ripe and sweet strawberries yield the best mousse.
- I have used raw organic sugar here. You may also use granulated white sugar, honey or whip icing sugar along with cream.
- I highly recommend you whip the cream for airy light mousse. As stated in few recipes blending the cream in a blender will yield thick strawberry milkshake and not mousse 🙂 Beating the cream by incorporating air is what that gives light texture to the mousse.
- To make vegan mousse use any non dairy whipping cream or coconut cream for healthier option.
- This recipe yields 7-8 small servings and 4 regular serving. You can double the recipe.
- Strawberry mousse stays good for 2 days in refrigerator. Keep covered and do not freeze.
I hope you will try this easy strawberry mousse recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
More Fresh Strawberry Recipes on The Blog!
Easy Strawberry Mousse Recipe
Strawberry Mousse Recipe
- 25 ripe strawberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 cups fresh cream
- Pick 25 ripe strawberries that are free of bruise.
- Hull the berries and chop them coarsely.
- Add the chopped berries to a blender. Add 4 tablespoons sugar.
- Blend into a smooth puree and chill until use.
- Take 200 grams or 1 cup chilled thick cream in a chilled mixing bowl.
- Whip the cream until stiff soft peaks are formed.
- Now add the prepared strawberry puree after reserving 1/4 cup.
- Fold the strawberry puree into the whipped cream gently without deflating the peaks.
- Get your serving cups or glasses ready. You may use shot glasses or dessert ramekins for serving.
- Spoon in the reserved strawberry puree equally into the serving glasses.
- Divide the prepared mousse among the serving cups or shot glasses.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Serve strawberry mousse chilled.