Last updated on July 20th, 2020
Virgin pina colada recipe- a healthy and wonderfully refreshing beverage for summer with coconut milk and fresh pineapple fruit! You should try this pina colada mock tail at least once to believe how good it is 🙂
What Is Virgin Pina Colada?
Pina colda cocktail is the national drink of Pureto Rico and it was first made in 1952. The traditional pina colada cocktail is made of rum, fresh pineapple fruit and coconut cream.
The combination of coconut milk and pineapple will immediately transport you to your favorite topical island! The word pina colada literally means strained pineapple in Spanish.
This virgin pina colada recipe is a non alcoholic variation of this drink with just pineapples, coconut milk and sweetener. this virgin drink is perfectly safe for kids and those who don’t consume alcohol.
Pina Colada Ingredients
So what goes in this easy pina colada recipe? This is such a simple and clean recipe that is naturally happens to be vegan and gluten free. You do not need any fancy ingredients like canned pineapple pulp or cream of coconut. You need 3 simple ingredients to make this drink.
Fresh Ripe Pineapple– Sweeter the fruit, less sweetener you will need in the drink. I like to chop my pineapple into chunks and freeze then for a while. Frozen pineapples yield creamy pina colada.
Coconut Milk– I always prefer to use homemade coconut milk for this drink. If you are not able to make coconut milk at home, use fine quality tinned coconut milk.
Sweetener– Sugar or any other sweetener is not required if your pineapple is sweet. If needed you can add regular sugar, coconut sugar or cane sugar as per taste.
How To Prepare Easy Pina Colada Recipe
To make easy pina colada recipe just blend peeled pineapple cubes with coconut milk and sugar. You can add some sparkling water or plain soda in this drink.
Virgin Pina Colada Variations
With Ice Cream– To make creamy pina colada you can add a scoop of coconut ice cream or pineapple ice cream while blending the mock tail.
With Cream of Coconut– Just add few tablespoons of unsweetened coconut cream while blending other ingredients.
Mango Pina Colada– A very delicious and refreshing twist to this mock tail would be adding mangoes. Mango, pineapple and coconut milk is hit tropical combo that tastes so yummy. Just throw a ripe peeled and cubed mango while blending other ingredients.
Popsicles– You can also make pina colada popsicles with this drink. Just pour the drink in moulds and freeze over night.
Tops Tips To Make Best Pina Colada
- Use frozen pineapple chunks for creamy drink
- If fresh pineapple is not available you can use good quality canned pulp or juice from a carton. Adjust sugar accordingly
- Serve with some finely chopped pineapple cubes.
- Serve this drink as soon as you make it
- You can double or triple the recipe
You Might Also Like
How to make virgin piacolada recipe – step by step
1. Peel and cube the pineapple roughly. Take the cubed pineapples in a blender jar. You can also use a mixer grinder.
2. Add sugar. I have used organic cane sugar here. You can use plain sugar, brown sugar or even powdered jaggery especially for kids.
3. Blend to a smooth puree.
4. Finally add coconut milk and blend again. Serve immediately. You can also add some ice cubes while blending if you prefer.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and recipes.
Virgin Pina Colada Recipe
Virgin Pina Colada Recipe
- 1 small pineapple peeled and chopped
- 300 ml coconut milk thick or cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Peel and cube the pineapple roughly. Take the cubed pineapples in a blender jar.
- Add sugar. I have used organic cane sugar here. You can use plain sugar, brown sugar or even powdered jaggery especially for kids.
- Blend to a smooth puree.
- Finally add coconut milk and blend again. Serve immediately.