Virgin pina colada recipe- a healthy and wonderfully refreshing beverage for summer with coconut milk and fresh pineapple fruit! You should try this pina colada mock tail at least once to believe how good it is 🙂
Pina colda cocktail is the national drink of Pureto Rico and it was first made in 1952. The traditional pina colada cocktail is made of rum, fresh pineapple fruit and coconut cream. The combination of coconut milk and pineapple will immediately transport you to your favorite topical island! The word pina colada literally means strained pineapple in Spanish.
Here I am sharing easy pina colada recipe without alcohol with video and step by step photos. You need just three ingredients to make this healthy drink. The only task you have in making this drink at home is extracting coconut milk. I have made this drink many times with homemade coconut milk. However this time I have used store bought organic coconut milk. Store bought coconut milk is a good option especially if you are making this for a crowd.
This is the virgin pina colada recipe in which rum is not added. So this is a kid friendly summer drink which is very healthy also. The flavor and taste of drink is really good and you must try this alt east once during the pineapple season. It is too good to be missed.
To make virgin pina colada recipe use fresh pine apple juice for best results. You will get best flavor and taste in this drink from fresh pineapple juice only. However if you are making this drink in large scale you can use store bought plain pineapple juice. If you want to use tinned pineapple chunks adjust the quantity of sugar in the drink accordingly.
Variations in making virgin pina colada recipe:
1. To make thick and filling drink you can use coconut cream instead of thick coconut milk.
2. You can also make pina colada popsicles with this drink. just pour the drink in moulds and freeze over night.
3. To make chilled drink you can use chilled coconut milk and pine apple cubes. I do not prefer adding ice cubes as that will dilute the drink.
How to make virgin pina colada recipe video
How to make virgin piacolada recipe – step by step
1. Peel and cube the pineapple roughly. Take the cubed pineapples in a blender jar. You can also use a mixer grinder.
2. Add sugar. I have used organic cane sugar here. You can use plain sugar, brown sugar or even powdered jaggery especially for kids.
3. Blend to a smooth puree.
4. Finally add coconut milk and blend again. Serve immediately. You can also add some ice cubes while blending if you prefer.
If you’ve tried this recipe or any other recipe on the blog then don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and recipes.
Pina Colada Recipe Card:
Virgin pina colada recipe- healthy and refreshing summer drink without rum. Made with just coconut milk and pineapple this is a wonderful tropical drink
- 1 small pineapple peeled and chopped
- 300 ml coconut milk thick or cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Peel and cube the pineapple roughly. Take the cubed pineapples in a blender jar.
- Add sugar. I have used organic cane sugar here. You can use plain sugar, brown sugar or even powdered jaggery especially for kids.
- Blend to a smooth puree.
- Finally add coconut milk and blend again. Serve immediately.