This watermelon ice cream is the best homemade ice cream you will make this summer. Made with real ingredients, full of watermelon flavor this ice cream is a real treat for you. Got 10 minutes in hand? Here is how to make naturals style watermelon ice cream with step by step photos.
This water melon ice cream along with tender coconut ice cream is my most favorite from Naturals. Made with fresh watermelon juice this ice cream is full of fruit flavor, rich and delicious. The best part is it is a no cook no churn ice cream and you just need 5 ingredients to make this.
Naturals ice creams are my all time favorite. I love their tender coconut, watermelon, pineapple papaya, mango. black grape ice creams. Also I make these ice creams very often at home. During mango and watermelon season these ice creams are made literally every week.
This year watermelon season started a bit early and we are already binge eating it. I also make our favorite special recipes with watermelon like this ice cream, popsicles, salad, punch, agua fresca every now and then. What else is the best way to beat the heat other than watermelon?
The recipe of watermelon ice cream shared here is the simplest and quickest one you will ever find. You just need to blend the fruit and fold into the two ice cream base. Freeze and there you go with best ice cream ever!
Homemade Watermelon Ice Cream Recipe
No cook, no churn, no machine
Clean recipe with real fruit
Egg free, 100% vegetarian
4 simple ingredients
10 minutes hands on time
Rich, creamy and just like Naturals ice cream
You will need fresh cream, watermelon juice, sweetened condense milk and a dash of vanilla extract for making watermelon ice cream recipe. I always use low fat fresh cream (Amul blue pack) in my ice cream recipes. Instead of fresh cream you can also use double cream, heavy cream or whipping cream.
The recipe base of this ice cream is cream and condensed milk. This two ingredient ice cream or quick no churn ice cream base is y best kept secret for homemade ice creams. It works so beautifully and you can make any flavor with this base.
To make watermelon juice, just peel and coarsely chop the fruit. Blend and filter the juice. You can also use a juice to extract the juice. For more deep flavor, you can use reduced juice. That is simmer 2 cups water melon juice until it reduces to 1 cup. I have used fresh juice here.
Serve watermelon ice cream as dessert. You can also use this ice cream to make casatta, ice cream sundaes, milkshakes.
How To Make Watermelon Ice Cream Step by Step
Peel and chop the water melon coarsely.
Blend the fruit and filter the juice. You will need around 1.25 to 1.5 cups juice for this recipe.
Take 400 ml chilled fresh cream in a bowl. Using an electric beater whip in medium speed until soft peaks are formed. Also add vanilla extract.
To that add 1 cup sweetened condensed milk and mix gently.
Add the prepared watermelon puree.
and fold very gently.
Transfer the ice cream mixture to a freezer safe box.
Freeze for 8-12 hours. Scoop and serve as dessert.
Make It Vegan
To make this watermelon ice cream vegan replace
- fresh cream with non dairy cream like tropolite
- Condensed milk with thick coconut milk or almond milk.
Using An Ice Cream Maker:
If you have an ice cream maker, you can use it to make this recipe. Prepare the ice cream base as mentioned in the recipe. Add to the ice cream churner and churn according to the manufacture’s instructions. Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for 8-12 hours. Scoop and serve as dessert.
Tips and Notes For Making The Recipe Perfectly
- Taste the watermelon before making juice. If the fruit is very sweet, you can reduce the sweetened condensed milk by few tablespoons instead of adding whole 1 cup.
- To whip low fat cream, chill the bowl, beater hands and the cream for few hours. Also use only the thick cream.
- I have used 1.25 cups of watermelon juice in this recipe. You can add up to 1.5 ups. Do not add more as it will tend to create ice crystals in the ice cream.
- Use a very good quality freezer safe box for freezing the ice cream. I use this ice cream tub for freezing ice creams. You can use any good quality container with tight lid.
- Also you can place a butter paper over the ice cream mixture before closing the lid. This will prevent the formation of ice crystals and also ice cream will be soft till the last scoop.
- This ice cream keeps well for 10 days in freezer.
More Ice Cream Recipes From The Blog!
I hope you will try this easy watermelon ice cream recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
Watermelon Ice Cream Recipe
WATERMELON ICE CREAM
- 1.5 cups fresh watermelon juice
- 400 ml fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk use 3/4 cup if watermelon juice is very sweet
- Peel and chop the water melon coarsely. Blend the fruit and filter the juice. You will need around 1.25 to 1.5 cups juice for this recipe.
- Take 400 ml chilled fresh cream in a bowl. Using an electric beater whip in medium speed until soft peaks are formed. Also add vanilla extract.
- To that add 1 cup sweetened condensed milk and mix gently.
- Add the prepared watermelon puree and fold very gently.
- Transfer the ice cream mixture to a freezer safe box.
- Freeze for 8-12 hours. Scoop and serve as dessert.