Last updated on December 25th, 2017
Aloo paneer masala recipe with step by step photos. A simple dry aloo paneer recipe that can be made within 15 minutes. This tasty potato paneer curry goes very well with rice or roti. Especially this aloo paneer tastes best with jeera rice, plain paratha and poori. To make this aloo paneer masala we need very simple and day to day ingredients. This is a easy paneer and aloo curry that requires no grinding.
I have had the punjabi aloo paneer masala similar to paneer butter masala few times in Punjabi restaurants. That is a rich and creamy gravy aloo paneer to serve with naan. The recipe of aloo paneer shared here is dry one. So easy and quick to make paneer aloo suitable for kids lunch box. This paneer curry can be made in a jiffy, so saves a lot of time during busy mornings. I have added some bell peppers for color and crunch. You can add bell peppers, peas, sweet corn as variations.You can also vary the flavor by varying the seasonings. You can even make this paneer curry with pre boiled potatoes. Here I have not boiled the potatoes first. Just used them as such.
You can make aloo paneer gravy by some small changes to the recipe. To make tomato based gravy just puree 2-3 ripe tomatoes with some cashews and add after sauteing potatoes. For dairy free version use tofu cibes instead of paneer.
You can serve aloo paneer curry with poori, jeera rice, roti or even naan.
Aloo paneer masala recipe below:
- 2 big potatoes peeled and cubed
- 200 grams cubed paneer
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicum
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 teaspoons oil
- Heat a pan with 3 teaspoons oil.
- Temper with cumin seeds.
- Add finely chopped onions and saute till they turn soft.
- Add chopped capsicums and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cubed potatoes and saute well. Add spice powders and salt. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked add cubed paneer and toss gently.
- Cook in low flame for 2 minutes. garnish with coriander leaves and remove from flame. Serve aloo paneer hot.
How to make aloo paneer masala recipe
Heat a pan with 3 teaspoons oil.
Temper with cumin seeds.
Add finely chopped onions and saute till they turn soft.
Add chopped capsicums and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add cubed potatoes and saute well. Add spice powders and salt. Cover and cook for 7-8 minutes.
Once the potatoes are fully cooked add cubed paneer and toss gently.
Cook in low flame for 2 minutes. garnish with coriander leaves and remove from flame. Serve aloo paneer hot.