Last updated on July 6th, 2020
Paneer fry recipe is an easy and quick stir fry recipe with paneer and vegetables. This easy stir fry is a delicious side dish option for kids especially as it colorful with varied textures. Here is a quick recipe with video.
I often make easy paneer recipes for kid’s lunch box. I prefer to make especially dry paneer recipes as those are easy for the kid to eat and also mess free at school.
This paneer fry recipe is just perfect for kids to carry in lunch box. You can pack this side dish for roti or bread also. This stir fry with paneer is also a nice side dish for mild rice like jeera rice.
What Is Paneer Fry?
Indian paneer fry is a quick recipe where paneer or Indian cottage cheese cubes are quickly sauteed with assorted vegetables. The seasoning used here is very mild so this recipe is best suited for toddlers and kids also.
Making Indian paneer fry is easy and quick. It just takes 20 minutes to make this recipe from scratch and that includes chopping time also.
You can make this paneer stir fry with 2 or more vegetables to make it colorful and wholesome.
There are so many ways you can serve this paneer fry. It is so versatile and tastes excellent in whichever way you choose to serve.
As filling in sandwich, wraps– Just stuff this stir fry between two slices of bread and toast until crispy for wonderful quick sandwich. You can also use this to make delicious wrap with roti or naan.
With pasta or rice- Just stir in some cooked rice or al dente pasta for a wonderful filing meal.
This Paneer Fry Recipe Is
Simple home style and easy to make
made with chockablock of fresh veggies
vegetarian and gluten free
just use tofu for vegan version
versatile, can be served in many ways
great wholesome dish for kids
So let’s do this, I am sure you are going to love it!
Ingredients You Will Need
In this recipe I have used carrots, bell peppers and sweet corn kernels. Other vegetables that will go well in this recipe are zucchini, broccoli, french beans.
You can also add sprouted legumes or mushrooms to make it more nutritious. Finally vegans can easily use tofu in paneer stir fry recipe.
For seasoning I have used just minimum Indian spices like roasted cumin powder and red chili powder. You can also use pepper powder.
Tips To Make This Recipe
- As in any stir fry recipe make sure to chop the vegetables of same size. This is very important as we are sauteing the vegetables for brief period on high heat. Chopping in size helps in even cooking.
- If you wish you can slightly pan fry or grill the paneer before adding to the vegetables.
More Paneer Recipes For You
Step By Step Method
1. Rinse and cut the vegetables into cubes or batons. Do not chop them very finally as that would turn the veggies mushy. We want the vegetables to get cooked yet retain their crunch in stir fries. Also chop the paneer in same shape as vegetables.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a thick cast iron pan. It is better to use cast iron pan or any other thick pan for stir fry recipes.
3.Temper with 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
4. Add chopped onions and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Next add the vegetables and saute foor 2more minutes.
6. Then season with salt, roasted cumin powder and chili powder. Mix and saute in high flame. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
7. Now add the paneer cubes and toss well. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add cilantro leaves and mix well.
Serve paneer fry warm.
Are you making this recipe? Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou. Please leave a star rating below in the comment section. Let us connect on Instagram, Facebook, pinterest & Twitter
Paneer Fry Recipe With Vegetables
- 200 grams paneer cubed
- 1/2 cup carrot peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels boiled
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- cilantro leaves chopped
- Wash and cut the vegetables into cubes or batons. Do not chop them very finally as that would turn the veggies mushy. We want the vegetables to get cooked yet retain their crunch in stir fries. Also chop the paneer in same shape as vegetables.
- Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a thick cast iron pan. It is better to use cast iron pan or any other thick pan for stir fry recipes.
- Temper with 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onions and saute for 2minutes.
- Next add the vegetables and saute foor 2more minutes.
- Then season with salt, roasted cumin powder and chili powder. Mix and saute in high flame. Cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Now add the paneer cubes and toss well. Cook for 2 minutes. Add cilantro leaves and mix well. Serve paneer fry hot.