Easy avocado salad recipe with perfectly ripe delicious avocados. Along with ripe yet firm avocado pieces you add some tomatoes, cucumber and onions for this healthy avocado salad. You will just love a big bowl of this salad for light summer or healthy afternoon snack. Here is how to make it in simple steps!
We have started to rediscover the pleasure of avocados recently. Some years back I used to buy and just make guacamole but now I am trying various recipes like this avocado salad, milkshake.
I also add ripe and mashed avocados in roti or paratha dough. Super healthy and soft parathas you get 🙂
This gluten free vegan avocado salad is our current favorite and I have been making this since three weeks on alternate days. Yes it is that delicious and easy to whip up.
Serve avocado salad as snack or even side dish with some toast, garlic bread and soup. This also makes for a delicious and light summer meal.
You can also make a no cook sandwich with this salad for toddlers and kids. Just butter two bread slices well. Place some salad and press well. Cut and serve immediately.
What Is Avocado Salad?
Avocado salad is one of the most popular salad recipe across the world. It is widely consumed for its health benefits.
Basically avocado salad recipe is made by tossing cubed avocados in a light flavorful dressing. In this recipe I have also added some cucumber, tomatoes and onions. All these flavors are complimenting each other and provides some crunch to smooth avocado salad.
Variations With Avocado Salad Recipe:
There are literally tons of ways to make avocado salad. As I mentioned above it is one of the most loved salad recipe and made in many ways.
You can add any of your favorite salad ingredient in this recipe to build your own avocado salad. Please refer the below variations to take your pick.
- Add some boiled or fire roasted sweet corn to the cubed avocados and toss well.
- You can make caprese salad with a touch of avocado. Just mix cubed avocados with tomato, mozzeralla and toss well.
- You can make delicious mango avocado salad by tossing some raw and ripe mango cubes along with avo cubes.
- Add some boiled chickpeas and cubed tomatoes in your salad.
- You can also make fruity avocado salad by using chopped strawberries, raspberries with avocado.
Dressing Ideas for Avocado Salad:
In this recipe I have used my go to salad dressing of salt, pepper powder, brown sugar and lemon juice. I just love this classic salad dressing as it is mildly spiced, tangy and very mildly sweet.
You can also use one of the below mentioned dressing for this salad.
- A mix of extra virgin olive oil, white or apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper powder
- You can use a mix of thick yogurt, salt, pepper powder and finely chopped cilantro leaves
- A gentle mix of honey, dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper
- Also you can make salad dressing with roasted garlic, olive oil, salt and lemon juice
- For sweet and spicy dressing mix a part of dijon mustard, honey, vinegar, salt, chilli flakes together.
- If packing for lunch you can keep the dressing in a small container and mix just before eating.
Recipe Notes, Tips and Suggestions:
For this salad recipe use avocado that is ripe yet firm. You should be able to cube them and not mash them.
Use salad tomatoes in this recipe. Cube and remove the seeds before adding to the salad.
Taste and adjust the seasoning of the dressing before adding to the salad.
You can leave out any of the ingredient if you don’t prefer adding.
When making for toddlers and kids you can reduce the quantity of pepper powder.
Finally the recipe can be doubled or halved
More Salad Recipes:
How To Make Avocado Salad Recipe Step by Step
1. Rinse, remove the seed and cube the avocados.
2. Place them in a mixing bowl.
3. Add cubed tomatoes, cucumber and chopped onions.
4. Now add pepper powder, rock salt, lemon juice and sugar. Toss well. Serve as snack or side dish.
Avocado Salad Recipe
Easy to make healthy and delicious no cook avocado salad recipe with flavorful lemon dressing
- 1 ripe avocado medium size
- 2 tomatoes seeds removed and cubed
- 1 cucumber, small cubed
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder freshly ground
- salt to taste
- Rinse, remove the seed and cube the avocados.
- Place them in a mixing bowl.
- Add cubed tomatoes, cucumber and chopped onions.
Now add pepper powder, rock salt, lemon juice and sugar. Toss well. Serve as snack or side dish.