Last updated on July 25th, 2018
Chilli garlic noodles recipe is a delicious Indo Chinese noodles recipe flavored with garlic and chilli. You can easily prepare this noodles at home with few simple ingredients. The recipe I am here uses whole wheat noodles, no bottled sauces and taste enhancer. Here is how you can make chilli garlic noodles recipe at home with step wise photos.
Noodles recipes are occasionally made at home. Though I use whole wheat noodles or flat rice noodles in my noodles recipes, I do not like to use sauces or any other taste enhancer.
Few noodles recipes that I make at home are
Some of my readers requested for this chilli garlic noodles recipe and I tried with a pack of organic wheat noodles from near by gourmet store. I have kept the recipe very simple and quick.
This noodles recipe does not use any store bought sauce or taste enhancer, hence safe for even toddlers and kids. The flavor comes entirely from chilli and garlic infused sesame oil. Be generous with garlic cloves and oil in this recipe.
Chilli garlic noodles for dinner is our favorite at home. what’snot love about this- silky smooth noodles tossed in some veggies for crunch, paneer for texture with wonderful chilli garlic flavor. Oh there is also a generous amount of roasted sesame seeds as garnish. You will absolutely love this noodles 🙂
Some Tips For Best Chilli Garlic Noodles Recipe.
You can use any kind of noodles in this recipe. Hakka noodles, rice noodles or flat noodles will be good in this recipe. I have used whole wheat noodles here.
I suggest using vegetables in this recipe. Adding veggies gives some nice crunch to the smooth noodles.
Use good quality sesame oil for best flavor. In the absence of sesame oil you can use light olive oil.
Adding roasted sesame seeds gives a wonderful nutty taste and crunch to this recipe. You can also use roasted and crushed peanuts instead of sesame seeds.
Adding paneer lends a nice texture and also adds protein factor to the noodles. vegans can easily use tofu cubes.
Finally be generous in seasoning the the noodles with chilli and garlic infused oil.
Serve chilli garlic noodles hot on its own.
More Indo Chinese Recipes
How To Make Chilli Garlic Noodles Step by Step
1.Cook noodles according to package instructions. Add 1/2 teaspoon oil and mix well. Keep covered until use.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a pan. Add crushed garlic cloves, chili flakes and saute in high flame for 2 minutes.
3. Add cubed onions and saute well for 2 minutes.
4. Next add the veggies and mix well.
5. Add 1/2 teaspoon vinegar, salt and sugar.
6. Cook the veggies in high flame for 5-7 minutes.
7. Cook till the veggies are cooked yet retain their crunch.
8. Do not make them soft. Add paneer or tofu cubes and toss well.
5. Add the boiled noodles and toss gently.
6. Adjust seasoning and remove from flame. Add a generous amount of toasted white sesame seeds and mix gently. Serve chili garlic noodles immediately.
Chili Garlic Noodles Recipe
- 200 grams whole wheat noodles or spaghetti
- 200 grams chopped veggies carrots, beans, baby corns, bell peppers
- 1/2 cup cubed paneer or tofu
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4-6 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Add 1/2 teaspoon oil and mix well. Keep covered until use.
- Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a pan. Add crushed garlic cloves, chili flakes and saute in high flame for 2 minutes.
- Add cubed onions and saute well for 2 minutes.
Next add the veggies and mix well. Add1/2 teaspoon vinegar, salt and sugar. Cook the veggies in high flame for 5-7 minutes. Cook till the veggies are cooked yet retain their crunch. Do not make them soft. Add paneer or tofu cubes and toss well.
- Add the boiled noodles and toss gently.
- Adjust seasoning and remove from flame. Add a generous amount of toasted white sesame seeds and mix gently. Serve chili garlic noodles immediately.
1. use any noodles of your choice
2. Make sure to chop the veggies in uniform size