Last updated on January 7th, 2018
Green chutney recipe with step by step photos. Sharing today a very basic recipe for beginners.
Green chutney recipe used for chaats, Indian street foods, sandwiches, basically any dish where you want to add zing and sharp flavor. This green chutney recipe for chaats is again one of the most requested recipes in my blog. This green chutney is widely used in sev puri, dahi batata puri, bhel puri, ragda patties etc.
Green chutney recipe as such is pretty easy. One step no cook chutney it is. What makes it flavorful or flavorless is the proportion of the ingredients that each recipe calls for. If you have eaten chaats in Indian streets you would have known that green chutney in every stall is different in flavor and taste slightly. Every vendor has a secret recipe that he may or may not wish to reveal 🙂 . There are also many variations in green chutney these days like adding mayonnaise to it etc. I also add a dash of homemade eggless mayo to my green chutney while serving with beet tikkis, veg rolls etc.
The green chutney recipe I am sharing today is the one I make at home for all my chaat recipes. When I want to use this as base for sadnwich I add 2 teaspoons roasted gram dal and make it a bit thick.It makes an excellent spread for bombay grilled sandwich, bombay toast sandwich, chutney sandwich etc.
This chutney keeps well in fridge for a week and freezes well too. If you are chaat lover and wish to try homemade chaat recipes having sweet and green chutney handy helps a lot. You can make this once in a week and store.
To make green chutney recipe we need fresh coriander leaves, cumin seeds, ginger, green chilies, chaat masala powder, black salt and lemon juice. These are the basic ingredients. You can add some mint leaves and 1 teaspoon sugar if you wish. To slightly thicken the chutney and make it as sandwich spread you can add 2 teaspoons grated coconut or roasted gram dal.
Serve green chutney with tikkis, cutlets or use in chaat recipes as required.
Step by step green chutney recipe for chaats
1.Take all the ingredients except lemon juice in a mixer grinder jar.
2. Blend to a very smooth paste.
3. Add lemon juice and mix well. Store green chutney in airtight container and serve as required.
Green chutney recipe card below:
- 3 cups washed and stems removed coriander leaves tightly packed
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1/2 inch ginger peeled
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- Black salt as required
- Optional ingredients
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons rated coconut or roasted gram
- 3 garlic cloves
- Take all the ingredients except lemon juice in a mixer grinder jar.
- Blend to a very smooth paste.
- Add lemon juice and mix well. Store green chutney in airtight container and serve as required.
1. When serving with tikkis you can add a dash of mayo to it.
2. Add chaat masala, lemon juice as per taste.