Paneer pakora recipe – Today I am sharing how to make punjabi paneer pakoda recipe with step by step photos. This pakora with piping hot masala tea makes the best monsoon snack ever! With minimum spices and just 15 mins of your time, you will have the best restaurant style paneer pakora. Here is how to make easy authentic paneer pakoda at home!
Paneer pakora recipe is a delectable and quite easy to make snack. You can whip up this paneer pakora literally in 15 minutes. All you need is a block of paneer handy.
These gram flour batter dipped paneer fritters are just what you need to drive away your winter blues. Served with some green or red chili sauce, this panner pakoda will surely elevate your tea experience.
I am trying to share some easy paneer recipes here often as I get many requests for the same. If you are particularly looking for paneer snacks do check paneer tikka, bread paneer balls, paneer cutlet, kabab recipes. These are wonderful after school snacks like this paneer pakoda.
Paneer is a versatile ingredient and we can make so many dishes right from starters to desserts with paneer. I have shared some good number of easy paneer recipes like peas paneer cutlet, paneer sandwich recipe, easy paneer capsicum do check out and take your pick.
Paneer pakora recipe is made using the same batter we use for making bajji like mirchi bajji. That is basically a batter with chickpea flour, salted and mildly spiced.
Paneer pakora recipe wins hands down as tea time snack. Batter coated paneer pieces once deep fried becomes so delicious, crispy outer cover with soft and succulent paneer inside is a real treat for all paneer lovers.
You can try this paneer pakoda recipe when you want to make something special in limited time. There are some variations in paneer pakoda recipe, here I am sharing the easiest one.
This Paneer Pakora Recipe Is
Easy, Simple & quick
Crispy from outside and melts in mouth inside
Absolutely delicious, flavorful restaurant style
Perfect tea time snack
Vegetarian & gluten free
Kids friendly healthier homemade snack
To make paneer pakora recipe you need very few basic ingredients. Some chickpea flour or besan flour, rice flour, salt, chili power, carom seeds and a block of paneer is all you need.
The quality of paneer is of utmost important in this paneer pakoda recipe. Use fresh and soft paneer cubes, preferably home made. if using store bought refrigerated paneer, thaw them for an hour before using in the recipe.
What Goes In The Making Of Paneer Pakoda?
To make paneer pakoda recipe, a thick yet smooth and flowing batter of gram flour and rice flour is made. You can also add some corn flour, but I always prefer rice flour as it makes pakoda more crispy.
I use rice flour in pakoda or just deep fried snack recipes to make it more light and crispy. Also I add few carom seeds or ajwain or omam in the batter for easing the digestion. You can also add cumin seeds or roasted cumin powder.
While serving you can sprinkle some chaat masala or amchur powder for that zing.
Which Oil Is Best For Frying Pakora?
I have fried this paneer pakora in groundnut oil. In some places paneer pakoda is fried in mustard oil too. You can use any neutral flavored cooking oil for this recipe.
How To Make Paneer Pakora Recipe
1. Begin making paneer pakora recipe by cutting paneer into bite size cubes. I had few baby corns, so just added them too. Heat oil for deep frying.
2. While the oil is getting hot, we can quickly prepare the batter for paneer pakora. Take 1 cup gram flour, 1/4 cup rice flour in a mixing bowl. Add required salt, a pinch of chaat powder. Next add 1/8 teaspoon ajwain seeds, a big pinch of chili powder to the flours.
3. Take about 2 tablespoons of oil and add to the flours. Add about 3/4 cup water to the flours. Now whisk well to make a smooth, lump free batter. The batter should be thick enough for paneer pieces to hold it.
3. Add the cubed paneer pieces and fold very gently.
4. By now the oil will be hot and ready for frying the pakoras. Add the paneer pieces in batches to the hot oil.
5. Deep fry in medium flame until all the side turns golden brown.
6. Remove to a kitchen towel.
7. Serve paneer pakora piping hot with ketchup or green chutney.
How To Make This Paneer Pakoda Vegan?
Vegans can make tofu pakora by replacing tofu cubes instead of paneer cubes. You can also use any other vegan cheese cubes here.
It is best to east paneer pakora piping hot. The paneer may turn a bit hard if the pakora cools down.
You Might Also Like
Pakodas are out most preferred tea time snacks. We make delicious
I hope you will try this spiced bread balls recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
paneer pakora recipe, how to make paneer pakoda
- 200 grams paneer cut into small cubes
- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- A big pinch of chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ajwain seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- 2 tablespoons hot oil
- Oil for deep frying
- Cut paneer into bite size cubes. I had few baby corns, so just added them too. Heat oil for deep frying.
- While the oil is getting hot, we can quickly prepare the batter for paneer pakora. Take 1 cup gram flour, 1/4 cup rice flour in a mixing bowl. Add required salt, a pinch of chaat powder, 1/8 teaspoon ajwain seeds, a big pinch of chili powder to the flours. Take about 2 tablespoons of oil and add to the flours. Add about 3/4 cup water and whisk well to make a smooth, lump free batter. The batter should be thick enough for paneer pieces to hold it.
- Add the cubed paneer pieces and fold very gently.
- By now the oil will be hot and ready for frying the pakoras. Add batter coated panner pieces in batches to the hot oil. Deep fry in medium flame until all the side turns golden brown. Remove to a kitchen towel. Serve paneer pakora piping hot with ketchup or green chutney.
2. You can add some turmeric powder and asafoetida to the pakora batter if you wish.
3. Make sure you fry the pakoras in medium high flame.