Last updated on June 24th, 2019
This recipe of homemade pistachio ice cream is your perfect summer treat! No cook, no churn and you need just four ingredients to make this pista ice cream. Serve with loads of toasted and chopped pistachios for a special summer treat. Here is how to make best pistachio ice cream at home.
Pistachio Ice Cream- No Cook, No Churn!
Summer is here and that means we will be gorging ice creams, custards and milkshakes like never before. Along with classics like vanilla, chocolate, mango ice creams, we also like gourmet flavors like cream and cookies, mint chocolate. Can I lure you with my all time favorite pistachio ice cream today? This ice cream recipe is sure a keeper. This pistachio ice cream
- is a no cook recipe
- needs just four ingredients, no preservatives and stabilizers
- requires no churning
- needs just 5 minutes hand on time to prepare
- Egg free vegetarian recipe
- has amazing creamy texture and so delicious
I am sure by now you are keen to make this at home and treat your loved ones 🙂 Read on to get the simple recipe with my expert tips and tricks for perfect homemade ice cream.
This is a real easy ice cream recipe- just whip, freeze and serve!
What Goes In Pistachio Ice Cream?
As I have mentioned above you need just four ingredients to make this ice cream. You just need
- cream– I have used low fat fresh cream and it is fabulous in ice creams. You really do not need double cream or heavy cream. They do add richness but this ice cream is just wonderful with low fat cream as well.
- condensed milk– Along with cream, condensed milk is what that makes this ice cream so rich and creamy.
- Pistachios– of course a good dose of pistachios for pistachio ice cream 🙂 I like to add the nuts in two ways. coarsely ground nuts to the base and finely chopped nuts as garnish.
- Flavor extract– this is an optional ingredient and you can add vanilla or pistachio extract for deep flavor.
How Is Pistachio Ice Cream Made?
Making pistachio ice cream is very easy and quick. You need a good electric beater or stand mixer to whip the cream. Begin by whipping the cream until soft peaks are formed. To the whipped cream just add condensed milk, pulsed pistachios and vanilla. Fold very gently without deflating the cream. Transfer to a freezer safe box and freeze for 8-12 hours. Scoop and serve 🙂
Cream and condensed milk combination is a wonderful base using which you can make any flavored ice cream. This is the easiest and quickest way to make ice cream at home. Especially if you are a beginner and not very sure about making custard based ice creams, this two ingredient base is your best bet.
Top Tips For Best Pista Ice Cream
- While whipping low fat cream make sure to chill the cream, bowl and beater hands for best results.
- It also helps to whip the cream over an ice bath.
- Do not over whip the cream as it will start turning into butter. You just need soft peaks as seen in the step wise photos.
- Instead of condensed milk you can use 3/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 cup cream.
- Use a good quality freezer safe container with tight lid. \
- It is necessary to cover the container with ice cream well in the freezer to avoid crystallization.
- You can add a pinch of green food color if needed. I have not used here.
- To make pistachio ice cream in an ice cream maker, just make the base and churn as per the instructions in your machine’s manual.
How To Serve Pistachio Ice Cream?
More Summer Special Recipes You Might Like
How To Make Pistachio Ice Cream Step by Step
Chill the fresh cream foran hour before using. Also chill the dry mixing bowl and beater hands. Coarsely pulse 1/2 cup roasted pistachios in the meantime.
Remove the chilled and thick cream to the bowl and whip for 2-3 minutes in medium speed until soft peaks are formed.
To the whipped cream, add condensed milk, pulsed pistachios and vanilla. Fold gently without deflating the cream.
Transfer to a freezer safe box and top with toasted pistachios generously. Close with the lid and freeze for 10-12 hours. Scoop and serve.
3. Fold in the crushed pistachios and mix gently. Freeze for 12-14 hours. Scoop and serve pistachio ice cream.
Pistachio Ice Cream Recipe
Pistachio ice cream recipe without an ice cream maker | Easy no cook pista ice cream recipe
- 1 cup low fat fresh cream
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped or crushed pistachios
- Vanilla extract
- Take fresh cream in a mixing bowl and beat for few seconds until very soft peaks are formed.
- Add condensed milk and beat for 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract too.
- Fold in the crushed pistachios and mix gently. Freeze for 12-14 hours. Scoop and serve pistachio ice cream.