You can serve rava idli with tomato chutney, onion chutney, coriander chutney.
If you are looking for more semolina recipes do check rava upma, rava paniyaram, khara bath, kesari bath, rava cake, rava cookies.
How to make instant rava idli recipe details below:
- 1 cup fine rava
- 1 cup thick sour well beaten curd
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated carrot optional, I didn't use
- 6 cashews broken
- Cilantro handful
- Eno fruit salt
- For tempering
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon channa dal
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 3 green chillies chopped fine
- Small piece ginger chopped fine
- 10-12 curry leaves
In a kadai,heat oil + ghee,add mustard seeds and let it splutter .Next add urad,channa and cashews and fry till gold,taking care not to burn. Next add ginger,asafoetida green chillies and saute for 2 minutes
Add the rava and fry well till it leaves a nice aroma and turns golden in colour. Once rava is done remove from heat immedietly
Add curd,carrots,cilatro and required salt to the rava and combine well.Now slowly add water and make it to a batter of idly batter consistency.There should not be any lumps in the batter. Add eno fruit salt and mix well.
Let the batter rest for 10-20 minutes.
Pour into idli plate and stem for 10-12 minutes. Serve rava idli hot with chutney
1. Vegetables of choice can be added
2. Finely chopped onions can be added
3. We are not keeping the batter to rest as we are using eno fruit salt. If you want you can avoid fruit salt,increase curd by another 1/4 cup and let the batter rest for 30 min before steaming.