What Is Rava Idli?
Variations and tips for making rava idli recipe:
More instant idli recipes:
How to make instant rava idli recipe details below:
Rava idli recipe,how to make rava idli| Instant rava idli recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1 cup fine rava
- 1 cup thick sour well beaten curd
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated carrot optional, I didn't use
- 6 cashews broken
- Cilantro handful
- Eno fruit salt
- For tempering
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon channa dal
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 3 green chillies chopped fine
- Small piece ginger chopped fine
- 10-12 curry leaves
- In a kadai,heat oil + ghee,add mustard seeds and let it splutter .Next add urad,channa and cashews and fry till gold,taking care not to burn. Next add ginger,asafoetida green chillies and saute for 2 minutes
- Add the rava and fry well till it leaves a nice aroma and turns golden in colour. Once rava is done remove from heat immedietly
- Add curd,carrots,cilatro and required salt to the rava and combine well.Now slowly add water and make it to a batter of idly batter consistency.There should not be any lumps in the batter. Add eno fruit salt and mix well.
- Let the batter rest for 10-20 minutes.
- Pour into idli plate and stem for 10-12 minutes. Serve rava idli hot with chutney
2. Finely chopped onions can be added
3. We are not keeping the batter to rest as we are using eno fruit salt. If you want you can avoid fruit salt,increase curd by another 1/4 cup and let the batter rest for 30 min before steaming.