Beetroot salad recipe– a warm winter salad recipe that you will love made with sauteed beets, carrots,winter micro greens topped with nuts. This bowl of beetroot salad looks so exotic yet very easy to make and very healthy too. This is warm, comforting and nourishing salad perfect for those who detest raw veggies in salads. Here is how to make best winter salad at home with beets and bunch of other ingredients.
Winter is no reason for us to be deprived of the goodness of salads. Crispy, fresh and cooling salads like apple cucumber salad, cucumber tomato salad, mango salad, watermelon salad, kachumber are best for summer. During winters we do crave something warming and more comforting right?
This winter beetroot salad is just what you crave on a cold day. It has all the goodness of fresh veggies yet they are sauteed in very little oil and very comforting. Also I have added some freshly plucked methi or fenugreek micro greens from my terrace here. The beetroot salad is finally topped with toasted nuts that add the necessary crunch.
This beetroot salad is so good a light meal itself. You can pair this with a piece of paneer pizza or baguette or pesto bread or garlic bread and serve with some hearty cream of tomato or sweet cream soup. My idea of perfect comforting meal 🙂
Now while this beetroot salad looks so exotic and gourmet, this is such a foolproof simple recipe that takes 15 minutes from start to finish. Yes that includes the time taken for chopping veggies too 🙂
This is one kid friendly winter salad that looks so attractive and inviting. My kid just loved this salad and cannot get enough of it.
This Beetroot Winter Salad Recipe Is
Healthy, nourishing & comforting
Delicious, flavorful & so gourmet
Vegan, gluten free & clean
Takes 15 mins fro start to finish
Has the goodness of assorted veggies.
To make this winter beetroot salad you need just a handful of easy ingredients. You may add whatever veggies and micro greens you have in hand. Here I have used
- fenugreek or methi micro-greens
- toasted nuts
Dressing & Seasoning Beetroot Winter Salad:
Here I have used bit of olive oil to saute the veggies and seasoned them just before serving with a dash of cumin powder, pepper powder and salt. A squeeze of fresh lemon juice for that zing. Few more ideas will be
- Use mustard oil to saute the veggies for a unique flavor
- Use smoked paprika and salt for seasoning
- While serving you can drizzle some mayonnaise and serve immediately
- A bit od sour cream or hung yogurt just before serving.
How To Make Winter Beetroot Salad?
1. Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a pan. Add cubed onions and saute for a minute.
2. Add rinsed methi leaves and mix well. If you leaves are matured you may finely chop them. Saute for a minute.
3. Add cubed carrots, beets, capsicum and saute well for 4-6 minutes. They should get cooked yet be crunchy.
4. Add cubed cucumber and saute just for a minute. Turn off heat.
5. Top with toasted nuts.Mix well.
6. Add salt, cumin powder and pepper powder. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Mix well.
7. Serve winter beetroot salad immediately.
What Other Veggies & Greens Can I Use In Winter Salad?
You can make this winter salad in so many ways. What I have shared here is just a basic idea with which you can build your own salad bowl. Few other veggies & greens that would be good here are
- broccoli florets
- corn cob
- roasted sweet potatoes (oven or pan roasted until well cooked)
- pink radish
- baby spinach
- other micro greens like pea shoots, fennel shoots
How To Make Beetroot Salad More Hearty?
If you are planning to serve this beetroot salad on its own, it is a good idea to add some protein or carbs to make it more filling and hearty. You can add
- slightly grilled paneer or tofu just before serving
- toasted croutons
- roasted sweet potatoes will be very filling too
- boiled or roasted chickpeas
- you can even add some cooked grains like quinoa, any millet.
Can I Make This Recipe Without Oil?
Yes you can. This winter salad uses 3 teaspoon olive oil for 3 serving and if you wish to avoid it you can make as follows.
- Saute the veggies with just a splash of water in high heat. You will have to saute continuously to avoid sticking and burning of veggies.
- You can also roast the veggies in oven. Use a non stick spray the baking sheet instead of oil. Arrange the veggies and roast for 15-18 minutes at 200 C. Then proceed with the recipe to make beetroot winter salad
You Might Also Like
I hope you will try this beetroot salad recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Winter Beetroot Salad Recipe
Beetroot Salad (Winter Salad)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cubed onions
- 1 cup tender methi leaves
- 3/4 cup peeled and cubed beets
- 3/4 cup peeled and cubed carrots
- 1/2 cup peeled and cubed cucumber
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds and walnuts
- salt to taste
- roasted cumin powder a pinch
- roasted pepper powder a pinch
- lemon juice from half a lemon
- Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a pan. Add cubed onions and saute for a minute.
- Add rinsed methi leaves and mix well. If you leaves are matured you may finely chop them. Saute for a minute.
- Add cubed carrots, beets, capsicum and saute well for 4-6 minutes. They should get cooked yet be crunchy.
- Top with toasted nuts.Mix well
- Add salt, cumin powder and pepper powder. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Mix well.
- Serve winter beetroot salad immediately.