Sooji toast recipe is an easy breakfast or snack that you can make in 10 minutes. This snack also known as rava toast is made by toasting the bread that was dipped in spiced semolina batter. Sooji toast and besan toast are often reffered to as savory egg free french toast similar to bread besan toast. Serve rava toast with spicy green chutney or red chutney for breakfast or snack!
What Is Sooji Toast?
Sooji toast is basically a vegetarian toast recipe made with semolina. You can add veggies to make this a wholesome dish.
This rava toast is ideal breakfast recipe that even bachelors and beginners can try. You need a handful of simple ingredients and couple of bread slices to make this tasty rava toast.
Serve sooji toast as breakfast or snack with tea or coffee. This toast is good in toddlers and kids snack box too.
How To make Sooji Toast?
To make sooji toast first we should make the batter. Mix rava and whisked curd well. Add the vegetables. seasoning and mix.
Dip bread slices in this sooji batter and toast on hot tava until crispy. So easy,quick and perfect!
Can You Make Sooji Toast Without Curd?
Curd or yogurt gives the texture and slightly tangy taste to this toast. If you want to make vegan sooji toast you can use just water or non dairy yogurt in this recipe. If using water just add juice of half lime or lemon to the batter.
Instead of curd you can also use 2 tablespoons of cream cheese or fresh cream.
Recipe Notes, Tips:
Toast the bread slices really well else the semolina may remain uncooked.
You can adjust the seasoning as per taste. Skip green chilies and add pepper powder when making sooji toast for toddlers and kids.
You can use any type of bread in this recipe
The recipe can be doubled.
More toast recipes you might like to check
How To Make Sooji Toast Recipe Step by Step
1. Take whisked curd and rava in a bowl. Mix well until smooth.
2.Add finely chopped onions,green chillies,tomatoes to this and mix well.
3.Add salt,pepper powder and mix well.
4.Spread a thin layer of this curd rava mixture on a bread slice.
5.Heat a tava and add few drops of oil and spread well. Place the bread slice with filled side down and toast it on medium flame.
6.Gently flip and toast from the other side too till golden.Serve bread sooji toast hot with sauce or on its own as breakfast/snack.
Sooji Toast Recipe
Bread sooji toast recipe | Bread rava toast recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 6 bread slices
- 3/4 cup thick curd
- 2-3 tablespoons fine rava/sooji
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 2 green chillies chopped fine
- 1 small tomato chopped fine
- pepper powder
- oil to toast the bread
- Take whisked curd and rava in a bowl. Mix well until smooth.
- Add finely chopped onions,green chillies,tomatoes to this and mix well.
- Add salt,pepper powder and mix well.
- Spread a thin layer of this curd rava mixture on a bread slice.
- Heat a tava and add few drops of oil and spread well. Place the bread slice with filled side down and toast it on medium flame.
- Gently flip and toast from the other side too till golden.Serve bread sooji toast hot with sauce or on its own as breakfast/snack.
2. Instead of green chillies use green bell pepper or just leave it out
3. Try out different seasonings like pizza,Italian for a variation in flavor.
4. Be sure to toast the rava side first to ensure proper cooking.
Are you making this recipe? Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou. Do leave a ⋆ rating along with your feedback!