Last updated on January 10th, 2018
Mango cake recipe with step by step photos, sharing an easy to make mango cake recipe without eggs, milk,condensed milk or butter, yeah a very delicious, absolutely soft and moist vegan mango cake recipe for all mango lovers 🙂
Sharing an easy eggless mango cake recipe was in my list in this mango season, but for most of the peak mango season I was away from home so could not make it. Last week I got a request for a vegan mango cake recipe, the reader had tried out my vanilla bundt cake recipe and she asked if I had an easy recipe for vegan mango cake. I also had some mangoes handy (which is a rarity, we at once pounce on mangoes once purchased 🙂 ) so I searched for some vegan mango cake recipe and found this one. I followed the recipe to T, only thing I made it in a bundt cake mould instead of cup cakes. This is such a keeper recipe, very soft cake with beautiful crumb, so moist, thanks to the good amount of mango pulp and olive oil. The cake had a pronounced mango flavor. We had it warm as coffee cake without any adornment, I always like to serve fresh fruit cakes as such.
To make mango cake recipe at home select good quality pulpy well ripened mangoes. You can use mango varieties like alphonso, banganapalli mangoes etc. I have made this mango cake with maida, but you can very well use 100% whole wheat flour OR 50: 50 maida and whole wheat flour. Only thing is the cake will be a bit dense when made with wheat flour nevertheless healthy and tasty.
The source recipe for this mango cake uses canola oil but I used olive oil when I made. You can use any neutral cooking oil in your cake. Do try out this easy mango cake recipe if you love mangoes in any form just like the every other person I know 🙂
Egg less mango cake recipe with step by step photos.
1. Peel and scoop out the flesh or chop the mangoes, discarding the stone.
2. Blend the chopped mangoes into a smooth pulp without adding water. The mango pulp should measure 1 1/2 cups, choose your mangoes accordingly. Preheat oven at 180C.
3. Take the mango pulp in a mixing bowl. Add olive oil to it.
4. Add fine sugar (I used castor sugar), scraped vanilla pith or vanilla essence or cardamom powder and mix well.
5. Sift the dry ingredients (flour,salt, baking powder and baking soda) once and add to the mixed wet ingredients.
6. Whisk well and well incorporated and a smooth thick batter is formed.
7. Grease and dust a bundt cake tin (9″) well. Pour the cake batter into the tin and tap once to release air gaps.
8. Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 35-40 minutes Or until the tester comes out clean when tested at multiple places.
9. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve mango cake warm with coffee.
Eggless mango cake recipe card below:
- Wet Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups mango pulp very smooth
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup fine or castor sugar
- vanilla pith or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence or 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel and chop the mangoes discarding the stone.
- Blend to a smooth pulp. Preheat oven at 180C.
- Take the mango pulp in a mixing bowl and add all the other ingredients mentioned under "wet ingredients" Mix well.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and add to the wet mixture. Whisk well to make a smooth thick batter.
- Grease and dust a 9" inch bundt cake tin.
- Pour the cake batter and tap well. Bake at 180C for 35-40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes. Slice and serve mango cake warm with coffee.
1. Do not substitute baking powder or soda for each other.
2. The flour to fruit ratio is important for moist cake.
3. You can add honey in place of sugar.