Mango mousse recipe with step by step photos. How about a luscious and absolutely delectable dessert with mango. Mousse is a light and creamy dessert that has airy texture. Chocolate mousse, strawberry mousse are some popular mousse varieties. This mango mousse is a vegetarian dessert without gelatin or eggs. Just three ingredients and 15 minutes recipe!
Eggless mango mousse recipe is a light and creamy dessert you can make during mango season. I love to prepare various mango recipes during mango season like mango lassi, aamras, aam panna, mango salad, mango mastini, quick mango falooda are often made to beat the heat. This easy mango mousse recipe will be a great addition to your kitty of mango recipes.
This is a vegetarian mango mousse recipe. No eggs or gelatin in this mousse here. Usually agar agar will be used for setting any egg less mousse recipe but here I have not used it. With this recipe you can make absolutely delicious, airy and light mango mousse without any setting agents.
This is a very simple recipe where you just fold the fresh mango pulp into whipped cream and allow it to set for few hours. As simple the recipe is, this is such a wonderful, luscious and rich dessert perfectly suitable for parties and festivals.
I got to know about this mango mousse recipe many years back through a magazine. It had a collection of various easy mousse recipes made with mangoes, chocolate, rose flavored, bananas and many more. I really liked the idea of making an easy dessert with just three ingredients and have been making ever since.
This Mango Mousse Recipe Is
Gluten free & vegetarian
Quick & easy recipe
requires 3 simple ingredients & 10 mins hands on time
Can be made vegan by using non dairy whipping cream
exotic & delicious rich dessert with fresh mangoes.
Here this mousse recipe is made with fresh mango pulp. The mango pulp is quite thick and creamy. So the mousse sets beautifully.
Use fresh and ripe mangoes that are less fibrous. I used alphonso mangoes for this recipe. You can also use kesar or any other sweet variety of mangoes.
You can also use tinned mango pulp but look for unsweetened ones without many preservatives.
There are many variations in mango mousse recipe. I make two types of mousse. One is this easy mango mousse recipe. The other variation is adding white chocolate.
You can make these elegant desserts for any party or special occasions. It would be very beautiful and easy to serve too. You can prepare this mousse even a day before and serve as needed.
Eggless Mango Mousse Ingredients
To make mango mousse recipe you need just 3 ingredients. Mango pulp, icing sugar and fresh cream. If you want you can add a dash of vanilla in this recipe. This is a 2 layered mango mousse recipe.
I am using icing sugar for a light and creamy texture. Also icing sugar helps with forming soft peaks in cream. I have used low fat cream in this recipe.
You can use double cream or whipping cream too. The low fat cream will form only soft peaks. Once soft peaks appear, fold the mango pulp very gently and set the mousse. Chill the mousse for 3-4 hours before serving. Do not freeze this dessert.
Serve mango mousse as dessert. You can top with fresh mango pieces, mango jam before serving.
How To Make Mango Mousse
1. Peel and roughly chop the mangoes. Discard the stone. Take the chopped mangoes in a mixer jar. Add 4 tablespoons sugar. Puree well.
2. Take 3 serving glass. Add 2 teaspoons of prepared mango puree in each glass. Keep the serving glasses in fridge until we prepare the mousse.
3. Take the thick cream in a mixing bowl. Add 2 teaspoons icing sugar. Start beating the cream. Beat until soft peaks are formed.
4. Once soft peaks are formed, add the mango pulp. Mix very gently.
5. Divide the prepared mousse among the 3 glasses.
6. Set the mousse in fridge for 3 hours. Serve as dessert.
Mango Mousse With White Chocolate
Another variation you can make with this recipe is add melted white chocolate. Melt 1 cup chopped white chocolate in a double boiler or in a bowl over boiling water until smooth. Let cool.
Fold this melted white chocolate into the whipped cream along with mango puree and set the mousse. Reduce sugar according to taste while adding white chocolate.
To make vegan mango mousse use any non dairy cream or whipping cream.
Tips For making Best mango Mousse
Use ripe and sweet mangoes that are less fibrous
If you are using low fat cream, chill it for few hours, drain the whey and use thick cream for whipping.
Do not whip the cream too long. just soft peaks will do.
You can make this mousse well ahead and refrigerate. Do not freeze. Keep the leftovers covered.
You can double the recipe.
I hope you will try this mango mousse recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Mango mousse recipe card below:
Mango mousse recipe | Eggless mango mousse recipe
- 1 1/2 cups mango pulp OR 2 large mangoes
- 1 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 4 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- Peel and roughly chop the mangoes. Discard the stone. Take the chopped mangoes in a mixer jar. Add 4 tablespoons sugar. Puree well.
- Take 3 serving glass. Add 2 teaspoons of prepared mango puree in each glass. Keep the serving glasses in fridge until we prepare the mousse.
- Take the thick cream in a mixing bowl. Add 2 teaspoons icing sugar. Start beating the cream. Beat until soft peaks are formed.
- Once soft peaks are formed, add the mango pulp. Mix very gently.
- Divide the prepared mousse among the 3 glasses.
- Set the mousse in fridge for 3 hours. Serve as dessert.
2. You can replace sugar with honey
3. Adjust sugar according to the sweetness of mangoes.