Grilled mango served with creamy sweetened yogurt and nuts makes for a perfect summer dessert. Grilling ripe mangoes concentrates the flavor and makes them more delicious. You can serve them with some yogurt as I did here and also in many other ways. Read on to know how to grill mangoes and how to serve them!
Mangoes are such a versatile fruit. Along with milkshakes, ice creams and smoothies you can make delicious salad, salsa and also grill them with a touch of salt and oil. They taste so delicious and flavorful.
I love grilled fruits and during summer I make them often. I first tasted a grilled fruit plate in a dinner buffet and loved it very much. Grilling the fruits just deepens and concentrates the flavor and sweetness.
We loved the fruit plate so much and every single piece of grilled fruit was so delicious. The one we had in the buffet was served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. However while making at home I serve with many other toppings. Keep reading to know more.
Even if your kids love fruits on its own you can make these fun desserts during holidays or parties for them.
During mango season I often make grilled mangoes and serve as dessert. There are many ways to make grilled mangoes. You can make it many ways. Here I am sharing our favorite way of serving grilled mangoes.
This Grilled Mango Recipe Is
Simple, Quick & Fun dessert
Delicious & flavorful
Increases the flavor and taste of mangoes
Gluten free & vegan without yogurt topping (or use vegan yogurt)
You can make grilled mangoes either in oven or stove top or an electric grill. The procedure remains the same for all the methods, just the grilling time varies.
I have used my stove top cast iron grill pan here. If a grill is not available you can just use your pan or use a skewer to make grilled mangoes.
How To Prepare The Mangoes For Grilling?
Firstly choose ripe yet firm mangoes for grilling. If the mangoes are very mushy they will fall apart and make a mess while grilling.
Pick the mangoes, rinse and clean thoroughly. We are keeping the skin so make sure to clean well. Slice a mango into tow big pieces along the pit. You can keep the pieces as such or make scores all along.
Next brush some butter or olive oil slightly over the mangoes. Now they are ready for grilling.
What Other Fruits Are Good For Grilling
Bananas are some of the fruits that taste good when grilled.
How To Make Grilled Mango (Step by Step)
1. Pick ripe yet firm mangoes. Rinse and cut into two big slices along the pit. Brush some olive oil over the mango slices.
2. Grease a cast iron grill pan with some oil and heat for 10 minutes.
3. Place the prepped mangoes on the pan, oiled side facing down.
4. Grill for 8-10 minutes depending on your preference. We like to grill till slight char marks appear.
Combine 1/4 cup hung curd and 2 tablespoons sugar. Mix well. Chill till serving.
Place the grilled mangoes on a serving plate and top with sweetened curd. Garnish with pistachios and serve grilled mangoes immediately.
How To Grill Mangoes In Oven?
To make this recipe in oven, first preheat your oven at 250 C/ 450 F.
Prepare the mangoes as mentioned above. Place the mangoes on the grill plate and grill for 5-6 minutes.
Ways To Serve Grilled Mango
Sweetened yogurt and nuts as mentioned in the recipe.
With Ice Cream- Serve warm grilled mangoes with a scoop of vanilla or pistachio ice cream
With honey and ricotta cheese- Drizzle honey and some ricotta on grilled fruit and serve
Sweetened whipped cream- Serve with 2 tablespoons sweetened whipped cream per serving
Plain with chili and lemon- Sprinkle some chili flakes and drizzle some lemon juice over grilled fruit and serve.
More Mango Recipes
I hope you will try this grilled mango recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Grilled Mango Recipe
- Grill plate or grill pan
- 3 ripe firm mangoes
- olive oil for brushing the fruit
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt or hung curd
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- chopped pistachios
- Pick ripe yet firm mangoes. Rinse and cut into two big slices along the pit. Brush some olive oil over the mango slices.
- Grease a cast iron grill pan with some oil and heat for 10 minutes.
- Place the prepped mangoes on the pan, oiled side facing down. Grill for 8-10 minutes depending on your preference. We like to grill till slight char marks appear.
- Combine 1/4 cup hung curd and 2 tablespoons sugar. Mix well. Chill till serving.
- Place the grilled mangoes on a serving plate and top with sweetened curd. Garnish with pistachios and serve immediately.