Vanilla milkshake recipe with video and step by step photos. Rated as one among world’s favorite milkshakes this is the most common and preferred milkshake in India also. Here is how to make best vanilla milkshake recipe with ice cream at home. Indulge in some frothy and hearty milkshake with your favorite toppings this summer 🙂
The standard recipe of vanilla milkshake is easy and simple. It is a four ingredient recipe with milk, ice cream, sugar and vanilla. However the taste of the vanilla ice cream depends on the quality and proportion of the ingredients used. Also with this basic vanilla milkshake recipe you can make changes and create new flavors.
Vanilla milkshake recipe ca variations:
- Vary the quantity of ice cream ad per preference to make thick or diluted milkshake. I prefer to make thick shake at home so I use more ice cream and less milk.
- You can add vanilla ice cream and use a different extract like butterscotch or almond for a varied flavor.
- Also you can top the milkshake with chocolate or coffee ice cream just before serving.
- Here I have used crushed cookies and chocolate chips as topping. You can also use chocolate strands, sprinkles or wafers as toppings. Furthermore you can also decorate the serving glass with some chocolate syrup to make it attractive.
- Instead of vanilla extract you can use vanilla bean paste or powder for more potent flavor. You can also use vanilla sugar to make milkshake.
- Finally you can easily make vanilla milkshake without ice cream also. Just blend thoroughly chilled milk with vanilla and sugar until frothy. Here you can use some whipped cream if possible.
Making vanilla milkshake at home is easy but there are few tips to make it best. Below I have listed the tips I follow to make perfect milkshake at home.
Tips for best vanilla milkshake recipe
- Make sure the milk is boiled and chilled. If possible freeze the milk briefly before making milkshake.
- Use full fat or whole milk for rich and thick vanilla milkshake.
- The flavor of the milkshake highly depends on the quality of the vanilla extract. Ty to use best quality pure vanilla extract and avoid essence as far as possible.
- Finally use fresh and good vanilla ice cream in this recipe.I like to use homemade vanilla ice cream for vanilla milkshake recipe. Also do not over blend the ingredients. When you blend it for more time the ice cream will melt and milkshake will be diluted.
Serve vanilla milkshake as soon as you make it.Top with a scoop of ice cream or sprinkles or wafers or whipped cream if needed.
More milkshake recipes.
Vanilla milkshake recipe video:
How to make vanilla milkshake recipe (step by step)
1. First of all boil and let the milk cool to room temperature.Then refrigerate the milk until cold. If possible freeze the milk for 2 hours.
2. Take the cold milk in a blender or mixer jar.
3. To the cold milk, add ice cream, vanilla extract and sugar.
4. Blend just until everything is combined and frothy. Serve immediately.
Vanilla milkshake recipe card:
Best homemade vanilla ice cream recipe with homemade easy vanilla ice cream in easy steps with video
- 2.5 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup Milk boiled and chilled
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- First of all boil and let the milk cool to room temperature.Then refrigerate the milk until cold. If possible freeze the milk for 2 hours.
- Take the cold milk in a blender or mixer jar.
To the cold milk, add ice cream, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Blend just until everything is combined and frothy. Serve immediately.