Last updated on August 6th, 2019
Learn to make the creamiest and tastiest strawberry milkshake with fresh ripe berries. Top with a scoop of strawberry or vanilla ice cream for the best ever summer treat. This milkshake tastes wonderful without ice cream too. With just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes this is the best beverage you will make this summer. Here is how to make best strawberry milkshake.
Strawberries are our favorite and during season we go through box after box of organic strawberries. Apart from gorging as such I make ice cream, mousse, muffins and this yummy milkshake. I make this milkshake with or without ice cream as per availability. Either way this drink tastes amazing with full strawberry flavor.
This strawberry milkshake is one of the healthy beverage for toddlers and kids. While making for toddlers you can use just berries, milk and a dash of sugar. For kids you can make the recipe as such or reduce sugar and cream as preferred.
Today let us learn how to make classic strawberry milkshake recipe, rich and creamy strawberry milkshake with all the goodness of fresh strawberries, ice cream or whipped cream, dash of vanilla and milk.
This strawberry milkshake recipe was requested by many readers. How to make strawberry milkshake that is rich, creamy like we get in restaurants. As far as I know in most restaurants what you get in the name of strawberry milkshake is a milk flavored with strawberry essence blended with strawberry ice cream, not much of fresh fruit is used there. The strawberry milkshake recipe I am sharing today is absolutely essence free with fresh fruit and fresh whipped cream. I have made it a bit thin as that is how we like. You can easily adjust the consistency by adjusting the amount of milk.
This strawberry milkshake would be a good drink for toddlers and kids, you can even serve this milkshake for breakfast along with some sandwich or toast or you can serve this along with pasta for a meal. It has a pleasing color, nice flavor and tastes yummy and it will be a hit with everyone. Strawberry milkshake is a regular in our home during strawberry season and I made this milkshake 3 days in a row last week, addictive it is!
To make strawberry milkshake recipe I have used the regular milk we use, you can use full fat milk for a more rich milkshake else regular milk will also do. Be sure to select ripe and dark strawberries, they tend to be more sweet and less tart. I have added vanilla bean pith for flavoring. You an add vanilla essence or cardamom powder or cinnamon powder or even saffron will be good. I had about 1/2 cup of whipped cream in hand and used it here, you can add 2-3 scoops of vanilla or strawberry ice cream too. If you don’t prefer ice cream or whipped cream in your milkshake you can leave it out too.
Here is how to make classic, rich and creamy strawberry milkshake recipe, do try this out to beat the heat!
Strawberry milkshake recipe with step by step photos.
1. Wash, hull and roughly chop the strawberries. Take the chopped berries, whipped cream and required sugar in a blender jar.
2.Blend well to a smooth puree. Add scraped vanilla bean pith or vanilla extract.
3. Add the milk and blend again until frothy. Pour in glass or bottles and serve strawberry milkshake immediately. You can add ice cubes but that will dilute the milkshake.
Vegan strawberry milkshake recipe:
1. Use any nut based milk like almond milk instead of dairy milk
2. Use vegan ice cream instead of dairy ice cream or just leave out ice cream
Strawberry milkshake recipe card below:
Strawberry milkshake recipe | How to make strawberry milkshake recipe
- 9 ripe strawberries
- 3 cups milk boiled and chilled
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup whipped cream OR 2-3 scoops ice cream vanilla or strawberry
- Vanilla or cardamom or saffron
- Sugar to taste
- Finely chopped berries or ice cubes or more ice cream for serving optional
- Wash, hull and roughly chop the strawberries. Take the chopped berries, whipped cream and required sugar in a blender jar.
- Blend well to a smooth puree. Add scraped vanilla bean pith or vanilla extract.
- Add the milk and blend again until frothy. Pour in glass or bottles and serve strawberry milkshake immediately. You can add ice cubes but that will dilute the milkshake.
2. You can serve the milkshake topped with a scoop of ice cream