Milagu kuzhambu recipe card below :
- Grind to a smooth paste:
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 table spoon urad dal
- 1 1/2 table spoon gram dal
- 1 teaspoon toor dal
- 3-4 dried red chilies
- 15-20 curry leaves
- Small lemon size tamarind
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Other ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1 small piece jaggery
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 cups water
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil. Fry all the ingredients mentioned under "grind to a smooth paste" until color changes slightly.
- Cool and grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a kadai. Temper with mustard and curry leaves.
- Add the ground paste and saute well.
- Add water and mix without an lumps. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and jaggery, cool till the gravy thickens well. Serve with rice.
1.Milagu kuzhambu should be thicker than other kuzhambus
2. You can add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds along with other ingredients for grinding.