Rose milk mousse is a super easy to make, quick and rich dessert for the upcoming festive season.
Make this 5 ingredients, egg free vegetarian rose flavored mousse and enjoy. Perfect for Diwali, Christmas, New year parties. You can easily make this mousse a day before and relax.
With festivals like Diwali, Christmas around the corner, I am planning to share some easy desserts along with traditional Diwali mithai.
The first in the line is this gorgeous rose flavored mousse. A super easy recipe that takes less than 15 minutes time to whip up, you will love this dessert for sure.
It is super light, literally melts in mouth, super creamy, rich, delicious and airy. Everything you would want in a good mousse!
Eggless mousse recipes are such a mess free easy option for desserts, especially when you need to make in large volumes. I make a variety of mousses during summer or whenever I need to make a quick dessert.
Given how easy and quick these are, I make them very often. I like to set them in shot glasses, they look pretty with portion control 🙂
Topped with pistachio flakes and rose petals or even chocolate shavings, these are wonderful little treat that will please everyone.
This Rose Milk Mousse Is
Super easy and quick to make
five ingredients recipe
delicious and rich
Light and creamy
perfect party dessert.
Cream- Ideally you will need full cream, heavy whipping cream or double cream. But Amul low fat cream works very well in a pinch. I have used that only here. If you want to make a super rich mousse go for heavy or double cream.
White chocolate– a small quantity of white chocolate helps in stabilizing this rose pudding. However you can totally make this milk mousse without white chocolate.
Rose milk syrup- Use good quality rose syrup for best flavor. I have not used any sugar or other sweetener in this recipe as both rose syrup and white chocolate contains sugar.
You can also use rose water along with few drops of rose food color instead of syrup. In that case you will have to add some icing sugar along with cream while whipping the cream.
Vanilla- For flavor, for intense rose flavor you can add rose water instead of vanilla.
Garnish- Pistachios and dried rose petals. You can also add chocolate shavings.
Flavor Variations– Keep the milk mousse recipe as base and vary the flavor as you like.
- You can add some raspberry syrup or extract and make raspberry mousse
- Just add the melted white chocolate and make luscious white chocolate mousse.
- Instead of vanilla you can add almond extract.
Make It Vegan- To make this milk mousse vegan just use vegan or dairy free whipping cream and vegan white chocolate.
Make Ahead & Serving Suggestions
You can easily make this rose milk mousse well ahead of time and serve as needed. Once prepared this mousse needs to set for at least 4 hours.
You can make this dessert and refrigerate for 2-3 days.
Serve thoroughly chilled.
Recipe Notes & Tips
Make sure the cream is chilled before you start whipping.
It also helps to chill the bowl and beater hands for few hours.
You can add more or less rose syrup as per taste.
White chocolate is optional
The recipe can be doubled.
How To Make Rose Milk Mousse
Melt white chocolate using a double boiler or microwave until smooth. Set aside to cool thoroughly.
In the meantime we will whip the cream. Place chilled milk in a large mixing bowl. Add vanilla extract or powder to it.
Whip the cream using an electric beater or stand mixer until slightly stiff peaks are formed.
Now add rose syrup to the whipped cream. Also add the melted chocolate. Mix very gently.
Divide the mousse among serving glasses.
Cover with foil or parchment and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Do not freeze.
Once set, top the mousse with pistachio flake, rose petals and serve immediately.
Ihope you will try this recipe and enjoy as much as we did. Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou and please give a star rating ★ in the recipe card below. Follow us on Pinterest , Instagram, Facebook for more recipes and ideas.
Rose Milk Mousse
- Mixing bowl
- electric beater or stand mixer
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup cream double or heavy or low fat
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons rose syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios divided
- dried rose petals
- Melt white chocolate using microwave or a double boiler until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime we will whip cream. Place the chilled cream in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract or powder to it.
- Now whip the cream using an electric beater or stand mixer until slightly stiff peaks are formed.
- Now add rose syrup to the whipped cream and add the melted chocolate. Mix very gently and thoroughly.
- Now divide the mousse among serving glasses.
- Now cover with foil or parchment and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, do not freeze.
- Once set, top mousse with pistachio flakes, rose petals and serve immediately.