Last updated on April 21st, 2019
Homemade strawberry lemonade is the best summer drink to beat the heat. With fresh strawberries, lemon, a bit of sugar and dash of sparkling water this lemonade is delicious and refreshing thirst quencher.
Strawberries along with mangoes and watermelon are the best part of summer. During season I have a steady supply of luscious organic strawberries. Along with gorging as such I also make ice cream, muffins, mojito, milkshake and many more recipes with strawberries.
This strawberry lemonade is quite a staple at our home during summer. I usually make a pitcher full of various lemonades everyday during summer like mint lemonade, mango lemonade, watermelon lemonade, rose lemonade and also this one with strawberry.
Lemonades are best way to quench the thirst and stay hydrated especially if you go easy n sugar. If you make lemonade with fruits, choose ripe and sweet ones so that you can reduce the sugar. Also you can use sweeteners like honey, palm sugar etc for healthier beverages.
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
Perfect summer drink for hydrating
Vegan, gluten free clean beverage
Non alcoholic, suitable for kids
Easy and quick to make
Perfect make ahead party drink
Ingredients For Strawberry Lemonade
To make strawberry lemonade you will need
- fresh ripe and sweet strawberries
- Lemon juice and slices
- Water or sparkling water or club soda
In this recipe we will macerate chopped strawberries with sugar for 15 minutes. Macerating the berries makes all the difference in this recipe. Macerating the berries releases the scarlet juice , thus deepens the flavor and color of this lemonade.
Here I have used regular sugar for strawberry lemonade. You can easily use honey, palm sugar or coconut sugar. If lemon is not available you can use lime.
I prefer to soda water in this recipe, especially if I a making it for guests. Club soda makes this lemonade fizzy and more refreshing. However you can just use water if making for kids.
This recipe will make a very mildly sweet lemonade as we don’t prefer it overly sweet. Add more sugar if you want sweeter drink. Also you can adjust the quantity of lemon juice as per taste.
How To Make Strawberry Lemonade Step by Step
1. Wash and hull the strawberries. Chop the berries roughly. Add sugar to the chopped berries and mix well. Set aside for 45 minutes. Transfer the macerated berries to a mixer jar.
2. Blend smooth
3. Add 1 cup water, lemon juice and mix well.
4. Serve immediately.
Tips And Recipe Notes
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to the sweetness of your berries
- You can blend the strawberries along with some ice cubes
- You can also serve the lemonade with crushed ice
More Fruit Juice Recipes!
I hope you will try this easy strawberry lemonade recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- 10 big strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Chop the berries roughly. Add sugar to the chopped berries and mix well. Set aside for 45 minutes. Transfer the macerated berries to a mixer jar.
- Puree well.
- Add 1 cup water, lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve strawberry lemonade with topped with ice cubes.
1. You can add some minced ginger if you like the taste.
2. You can some mint leaves if you like