Beetroot juice is a healthy and nutritious drink that I make very often. Refreshing, healthy and amazingly delicious, this beet juice will just boost your health while quenching the thirst. With this recipe as base you can make this juice in various combinations and flavors. This is an easy recipe with or without a juicer. Here is how I make beetroot juice at home.
You can prepare this juice is various combination and flavoring. I prepare beet juice very frequently as my kid likes it. Also it is one of the easiest way for me to consume beets 🙂 You can also prepare soup, raita, halwa, tikkis with beetroot if you like.
I prepare this juice in various combinations and this time I have added a small carrot along with beets.
Beets are one of the healthiest root vegetables that we should include often in our diets. It is rich in vitamin c, helps to absorb the iron and very good for cardiovascular system.
Consuming beetroot juice is one of easiest way to include this root veggie in our diet. You can make beet juice in no time with or without a juicer.
I mostly prepare beetroot juice in juicer but here I am showing you how to make it in a blender or mixer grinder. If you prepare fruits and veggies juices often it may be a good idea to invest in a juicer. If you have a juicer you can retain all the pulp without straining them off.
However you can prepare tasty and healthy juice without a juicer too. When you use a blender or mixer grinder you will have to add some water to get the machine running. Make sure to extract the last bit of juice by straining thoroughly.
Serve beetroot juice immediately once prepared. Do not refrigerate the juice for long time. If you like chilled juice you can add ice cubes or chill the beets and then make juice.
This Beetroot Juice Recipe Is
Healthy & clean recipe
Easy to make & quick
Vegan & gluten free
Very healthy & nutritious
Best for toddlers and kids
To make juice select fresh and tender beets. They are sweeter and juicer. If using a juicer you may choose to retain the skin but while using a blender peel the skin off.
How To Make Beetroot Juice (In a Blender)
Rinse beets and carrots (If using) thoroughly under running water. Peel and chop into 1 inch pieces.
Transfer to a blender jar and add 1 cup water.
Pass through a strainer and collect the juice at bottom.
Add lemon juice, sugar and mix well.
Serve beet juice immediately.
How To Make Beetroot Juice Using a Juicer?
If using a juicer you don;t have to add water. Just peel and prep the beets according to your juicer. Get the machine running and add the beets. Collect the juice, add lemon juice, sweetener and mix well. Serve immediately.
What other fruits or veggies go well with beetroots?
- Along with beets you can add carrot and apples to make ABC juice. It is one of the very tasty and healthy combination.
- Also you can just add carrots or apples.
- You can peeled and chopped fresh ginger. A small quantity is enough.
- 1 small orange can be added along with beets
Which sweetener I can use instead of sugar?
Beets are naturally very sweet and you will need just a bit of sweetener. Here I have used raw cane sugar. You can easily use honey, jaggery, maple, palm sugar or coconut sugar. You can also skip sweetener altogether if the beets are very sweet.
Is beetroot juice very healthy?
yes, given to the health benefits of beets, this juice is very healthy and nutritious.
- Beetroot juice is rich in vitamin C and helps absorb iron better.
- It helps in treating anemia.
- It helps in managing blood pressure.
- Natural detox
- Great for skin health
- Provides energy
You Might Also Like
I hope you will try this beetroot juice recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Beetroot Juice Recipe
Beetroot Juice Recipe
- juicer or blender
- 4 medium sized beets
- 1 small carrot
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Rinse beets and carrots (If using) thoroughly under running water. Peel and chop into 1 inch pieces.
- Transfer to a blender jar and add 1 cup water.
- Blend smooth.
- Pass through a strainer and collect the juice at bottom
- Add lemon juice, sugar and mix well.
- Serve beet juice immediately.
- Use fresh and tender beets for best tasting juice.
- You can skip carrots if you prefer.
- You can double the recipe.
- Always consume immediately after preparing the juice.