This fresh mango juice needs 3 ingredients, five minutes from start to finish and can be made in blender easily. With all the goodness of ripe mangoes, this juice is all you want on a hot day. So delicious and flavorful this juice is a treat for mango lovers. Here is my post on how to make best mango juice at home with step by step photos and video.
Come summer, this drink is a mainstay at our home. We go through ridiculous quantity of mangoes and juicing mangoes is just one way we consume it 🙂 Depending upon the availability and taste, I add few other ingredients to make this juice more flavorful and interesting. Here I am sharing all those with you with my best tips.
Making mango juice at home is easy and really a no-brainer. Yet I am sharing here a recipe for this juice as it will help beginners and those who want to make juice without a juicer.
We love fresh juices with seasonal fruits like watermelon agua fresca, fresh pineapple juice, grape juice, guava juice at our home. With just a touch if sugar or by just using sweeet fruits these juices are best way to stay hydrated in summer.
About This Recipe
Mango juice is the most common and loved fruit juice during summers. It is prepared by blending sweet ripe mangoes with or without any sweetener and water.
During mango season I make fresh mango juice very frequently. We have a steady supply of organic sweet alphonso mangoes and it is the best one to juice. The flavor and taste of these organic mangoes are so good, just like what a real fruit will have 🙂
I prefer ripe sweet mangoes with less fiber like alphonso, kesar mangoes for juice. Fruit with less fiber yields more pulp and juice. Also with sweet fruit you can add very less sugar while juicing.
I make this mango juice in many ways varying the ingredients. While I am sharing the detailed recipe for a basic juice, I have mentioned some variations and flavor combinations you can try.
The taste and flavor of this mango juice will vary with the type of mangoes used, add-ins you use. If you are looking for clean refreshing drink to stay hydrated this summer, do try this homemade mango juice. It is
is vegan, gluten free and clean
Easy recipe made in a blender
is delicious, flavorful and healthy
is best for toddlers and kids
Juice made from fresh mangoes is nothing like what you get in cartons. It is so smooth, flavorful and thick unlike diluted fake juices from the stores. Speaking of mango juice in cartons, you can also try this amazing homemade frooti recipe 🙂
Ingredients & Substitutes
Ingredients you need for mango juice are fairly simple. You need just ripe sweet mangoes and water. Yes even sugar is optional here but I do add a bit to bring out the flavor of mangoes.
Mango when blended yields a thick pulp that you should dilute well before serving as juice. While the most common choice is water, you can also use various ingredient and vary the taste and flavor.
Few options that you can add instead of water are
- Orange juice– I often throw segments of peeled oranges along with mangoes for a wonderful aroma. It is also good for some vitamin c fix.
- Coconut water– One of the best choices during summer, if you want to stay hydrated and nourished. Just use as much as required instead of water.
- Pineapple juice– A tropical delight that bursts with flavor, our personal favorite. Use 3-4 slices of peeled pineapples. However you will have to add some water to dilute this juice again.
- Carbonated water or soda– To make fizzy welcome drink you can use soda instead of plain water for making this juice.
- Carrot juice- This is a very good combination for building immunity too.
Sometime I make mango juice with flavoring like cardamom, ginger, basil leaves or throw in some mint leaves, basil leaves or fresh ginger for flavors. You can also add lemon juice to round off the flavors and this mango mojito tastes excellent too.
How To Make Mango Juice
1. First of all peel and chop the mangoes roughly.
Transfer the mango pieces or chunks to a mixer jar and blend smooth.
To that add required water and sugar. Blend again to a smooth juice.
3. Serve chilled with more ice cubes.
Health Benefits of Mango Juice
Mango is one of the super foods with immense health benefits. Just like any yellow fruit, this is also rich in Vitamin A, vitamin b6, good for eye health, good for skin health and good for immune system.
Also mangoes are very good source of energy for kids. It helps in treating anemia, alkalizes the body, lowers cholesterol and maintains cholesterol levels, good for intestine due to its fiber content.
Can We Freeze Mango Juice?
Yes you can prepare the mango juice and freeze them in Ice cube tray or small boxes also. You can add these cubes while making milkshakes or thaw and serve as mango juice.
How To Make Juice With Frozen Mangoes?
Another way to make mango juice is to use frozen mangoes. If you have frozen fruit, just thaw them for few minutes and blend them with sugar to make juice.
Some Variations And Tips
- This recipe yields moderately thick juice and very similar to slice or frooti. You can however add more water to make diluted juice. Also you can reduce the water further to make thicker juice with more mango flavor.
- I do not prefer to add ginger powder or cardamom powder to flavor the juice. It simply masks the flavor of mango. If you prefer I suggest you add a dash of lemon or lime juice to round the flavors.
- You can prepare the juice ahead of time and chill it in the fridge. Also you can serve with more ice cubes.
- Finally as with any mango recipe use ripe fruit with smooth and firm pulp. Avoid fibrous ones.
- You can also make this juice without water but it will be more thick and puree just like aamras.
I hope you will try this fresh mango juice recipe and enjoy as much as we did. Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou and please give a star rating ★ in the recipe card below. Follow us on Pinterest , Instagram, Facebook for more recipes and ideas.
Mango Juice Recipe
Mango Juice Recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 3 mangoes ripe, less fibrous, preferably alphonso
- 3/4 cup water add more or less
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 inch ginger peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or cardamom powder
- First of all peel and chop the mangoes roughly. Transfer to a mixer jar and blend smooth.
- to that add required water and sugar. Blend again to a smooth juice.
- Serve chilled with more ice cubes.