Last updated on February 20th, 2019
Aloo capsicum recipe is a gem among Indian side dish recipes. This no grind easy curry gets ready in 20 minutes and you can literally serve them in so many ways. This is a dry aloo capsicum curry made with potatoes and bell peppers. This recipe uses minium spices and uncomplicated, perfect for beginners to make with success. Here is easy step by step aloo capsicum dry recipe!
Aloo and capsicum are tow extensively used vegetables in Indian cooking. They both pair well with each other and and also with other ingredients in recipes like
This aloo capsicum recipe is a very versatile one. You can make this as dry curry or gravy as you prefer. We like dry version compared to gravy.
Aloo capsicum sabzi is easy to make with minimum spices. You can add any of your favorite spice blend like garam masala owder, pav bhaji masala powder or even chole masala for different flavor and taste.
We like to make this curry with colored bell peppers. Adding colored bell peppers makes this curry more flavorful, subtle and attractive especially for toddlers and kids.
Make a serving of this delicious capsicum aloo today and enjoy with rice or roti!
How To Serve Aloo Capsicum Curry?
This aloo capsicum sabzi can be served in many ways. You can serve this curry hot with
- phulka, roti or poori
- Dal fry and steamed rice
- Use as filling in sandwich
- Use as filling for wrap
- Mix some cooked and cooled rice for instant veg rice
- Add some cubes of paneer to make paneer capsicum aloo
To make this sabzi flavorful and delicious, be generous with kasuri methi and add a good squeeze of lemon juice before serving.
This curry can also be packed in lunchbox for toddlers and kids.
More Capsicum Recipes
How To Make Aloo Capsicum Recipe Step by Step
1. Pressure cook or steam cook potatoes until soft, peel and cut into cubes. Cut capsicum int cubes.
2. Heat 3 teaspoon oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it temper. Now add finely chopped onions and saute well for few minutes.
3. Add the cubed capsicum and saute well.
4. Next add cubed potatoes and saute well.
5. Add salt,coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and saute for 8-10 minutes ta regular intervals in medium flame. Add 1-2 teaspoons oil if required.
6. Cook till the capsicum wilts and potatoes are thoroughly cooked. Serve aloo capsicum hot with rice/roti.
Aloo capsicum recipe card below:
- 2 large potatoes boiled, peeled and cubed
- 1 green or 1/2 each red, green and yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 3 teaspoon oil
- Pressure cook or steam cook potatoes until soft, pell and cut into cubes. Cut capsicum int cubes.
Heat 3 teaspoon oil in a kadai. Add cumin seeds and let it temper. Now add finely chopped onions and saute well for few minutes.
- Add the cubed capsicum and saute well.
next add cubed potatoes and saute well.
- Add salt,coriander powder and garam masala powder. Mix well and saute for 8-10 minutes ta regular intervals in medium flame. Add 1-2 teaspoons oil if required.
- Cook till the capsicum wilts and potatoes are thoroughly cooked. Serve aloo capsicum hot with rice/roti.
1. You can ginger garlic along with cumin seeds
2. You can add pepper powder instead of chili powder.
Are you making this recipe? Do snap a pic and share on Instagram with hashtag #cookclickndevou. Do leave a ⋆ rating along with your feedback!