Cheese pakora recipe is a delicious twist to the regular onion pakora that you can serve with adrak chai or masala chai . Pakora with cheese, onions and some corn for that bite is a real treat on a rainy evening. A plate full of piping hot cheese pakora is perfect for your next party too! Here is how to make these pakora at home.
I first tasted cheese pakora in a restaurant but was not very impressed. It both looked and tasted very similar to paneer pakora at least to me.
I was looking for some crunchy and crispy onion pakora style ones but was disappointed with what was served, so I did the best possible thing, yes make my own cheese pakora just like what I craved 🙂 I also added some chopped onions and boiled corn to make these pakoras more delicious!
Served with green chutney, these pakodas were gone in the blink of an eye, seriously these are so good!
Cheese Pakora Recipe
Crispy, yummy and cheesy
Best snack with tea
Easy to prepare
Excellent party starter
Cheese pakora recipe is tasty and rich variation of regular pakora recipe made with cheese. Usually processed cheese cubes are used to make cheese pakoda. Here I have made it in onion pakora style with grated fresh mozzeralla. This version of cheese pakoda is more crispy, stays crunchy for long time and very delicious.
How To Make Cheese Pakora Step by Step:
Boil sweet corn kernels in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and take in a mixer jar and pulse once.
Add peeled ginger, garlic, green chilies, curry leaves and cilantro leaves.
To that add grated cheese, chopped onions, red chili powder, salt and garam masala.
Mix well without adding any water.
Heat oil for deep frying. Once the oil is hot pinch small balls from the cheese mixture and slide gently.
Deep fry until crispy and golden brown from all sides. Deep fry in medium flame.
Drain excess oil and serve hot with green chutney.
Make This Recipe In Oven
For making this pakora in oven prepare the pakora mixture as mentioned in the recipes.
preheat oven at 220C. Grease a large baking sheet. Pinch small balls and arrange on the baking sheet. Give a quick spray of oil. bake for 15-18 minutes, rotating the tray once. Once the pakoras are crispy and dry remove from oven. Serve hot.
Which Cheese Can We Use For Pakora?
Here in this recipe I have used grated fresh mozzarella. You can use grated cheddar or finely chop the processed cheese cubes and use it.
Vegans can use any vegan cheese for this recipe.
Recipe Notes, Tips:
- Instead of rice flour you can use corn flour
- Adding onions is optional. You can even add grated cabbage or carrots.
- Serve cheese pakora hot with green chutney or sauce. Keeps well for 2 days in refrigerator.
More Pakora Recipes
I hope you will try this easy cheese pakora recipe and enjoy as much as we did.
Cheese Pakora Recipe
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste OR peeled and minced ginger-garlic
- 10 curry leaves
- 1.5 cups grated cheese
- 2 onions chopped
- 6 tablespoons gram flour chickpea flour
- 4 tablespoons rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
- Boil sweet corn kernels in salted water for 5 minutes. Drain and take in a mixer jar.
- To that add grated cheese, chopped onions, red chili powder, salt and garam masala. Mix well without adding any water.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Once the oil is hot pinch small balls from the cheese mixture and slide gently.
- Deep fry until crispy and golden brown from all sides. Deep fry in medium flame.
- Drain excess oil and serve hot with green chutney.
You can use corn flour instead of rice flour
Store any leftovers in air tight container.