Pizza dosa is that perfect fun and fusion party snack for your next get together. A cheesy and delicious veg pizza with dosa as base, this Indian pizza is a treat to kids. You can make pizza dosa in so many ways and here is my tried and tested recipe for you all!
We make dosa for breakfast literally every second day. Along with traditional crispy golden dosa, we do love varieties like neer dosa, rava dosa, oats dosa, ghee roast and this one is wonderful addition to the list.
This cheesy dosa pizza is so delicious, rich and yummy with all the goodness of veggies and cheese. No wonder kids just love to devour this dosa. It is an excellent way to sneak veggies in their diet. Also this is a very healthy alternate to the plain flour pizza base.
Serve pizza dosa hot for breakfast or after school snack, the kids will be pretty pleased and ask for more!
This Pizza Dosa Recipe Is
Easy, quick and delicious
healthy and loaded with veggies
No yeast and gluten free
Variety dosas are very popular these days and you will easily find 100 varieties of dosa in restaurants. I saw this pizza dosa in the menu of a restaurant and was hooked up with the idea. As I usually have dosa batter and homemade pizza sauce handy, I made this the next day 🙂
Ever since I have been making this easy recipe as my kid loves it. It is a very good after school snack to indulge once in a while.
To make this recipe, You can use all the veggies and other toppings like paneer, mushrooms and olives that are used for regular pizza.
For cheese you can use mozzarella or even a combination of cheddar and mozzarella.
Can I use leftover sour batter for this recipe?
Yes, you can easily use leftover idli or dosa batter and make this recipe. In fact the sourness will be well masked by sauce and seasonings.
Which pan is suitable for this recipe?
You can make this pizza dosa in tawa or cast iron skillet. Cast iron tawa distributes the heat equally and dosa gets cooked properly. However you can also use non stick pan or skillet for this recipe.
Which veggies go well as topping for this pizza?
You can use veggies like onions, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, baby corn and sweet corn. Also cubed paneer, mushrooms, pitted olives can be used in this recipe.
How To Make Pizza Dosa
1. Get ready with your dosa or idli batter first. If it is refrigerated let it sit in room temperature for 30 minutes or an hour. If the batter is too thick add some water and mix well. Chop the vegetables and keep them ready.
2. Heat a tava and wipe it with little oil. Pour 1 or 2 ladle full of batter. Do not spread it much. Drizzle oil along the edges.
3. After 30 second or so flip the dosa.
4. Work quickly, apply 1 tablespoons pizza sauce and spread well. Add desired toppings.
5. Top with grated cheese. Add chilli flakes and herbs. Cover and cook until the cheese melts.
6. Wait for 2-3 minutes before slicing the pizza dosa. Slice into wedges and serve hot.
Variations With The Recipe
- Instead of dosa batter you can use adai batter too. Just spread it a bit thin.
- If pizza sauce is not available you can use red chutney or garlic sauce
- You can leave out cheese or use vegan cheese for vegan option.
You Might Also Like
I hope you will try this pizza dosa recipe and enjoy as much as we did. P
Pizza Dosa Recipe
Pizza Dosa Recipe
1 CUP = 250 ml
- 1/2 cup dosa/idli batter
- Toppings of your choice sliced bell pepper,baby corns, onions,tomatoes etc
- 4 tablespoons grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- Chilli flakes
- Dried herbs
- Keep the idli batter ready, make sure it is in pourable consistency.
- Heat a tava and wipe it with little oil. Pour 1 or 2 ladle full of batter. Do not spread it much. Drizzle oil along the edges.
- After 30 second or so flip the dosa.
- Work quickly, apply 1 tablespoons pizza sauce and spread well. Add desired toppings.
- Top with grated cheese. Add chilli flakes and herbs. Cover and cook until the cheese melts.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes before slicing the pizza dosa. Slice into wedges and serve hot.
2. You can even spread the dosa thin and crispy if you prefer.